Why aren´t there any demos????

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
I wonder why on the Wii there aren´t any demos, so we first can try some games before buying them. X360 has them, PS3 has them. Even for my PSP there are demos.
So why not for the Wii??????
It would be great, to have some demos to try the games.

I mean, they will release a Wii with a HD next year, so why not demos?

Hm good question maybe in the near future we could start seeing some demos, but it is hard to program/write code for wii games.When gaming engineers start getting the hang of it im almost certain we will have some playable demos.

Actually, Wii is the easiest system of the next-gen ones to code games for. Most developers have come out and said this anyway... I expect it's mainly down to old GC tech that they're all used to.

Well, the Demo Channel is still to be announced, but he will come very likely. But you'll probably need a SD card then, because the Wii has only 500MB flash space. Be patient.

@DazzeL you shouldn't put it that way. It's not easy to make a game on the Wii. But it's hard to make one for the PS3/Xbox360, because you need a LOT more time to make a good game for them. And much time means much money.

Well like rtr1900 said, when there is a HD Wii, it's no problem at all. Even a SD Card should work.

=/ a SD card wont work... it doesn't read fast enough... also the wii can't even read saved games off the SD card... so what chance do we have of demos?

I thought all the HD rumors were solved... even nintendo said it themselves... =/ 3rd Party?

If you buy this months Nintendo Mag, is there not a demo disk on it? I only saw it briefly yesterday but was in a rush so did not pay much attention!

The mag also has two posters (maybe sumone can identify what i mean by this?!)

Can anyone shed any light??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Add me to ur Wii!! To make my slot glow!!!

the_flood502 said:
=/ a SD card wont work... it doesn't read fast enough... also the wii can't even read saved games off the SD card... so what chance do we have of demos?

I thought all the HD rumors were solved... even nintendo said it themselves... =/ 3rd Party?
Bull. A regular generic high speed SD card transfers data at 10MB/s. If you get a 1.1 spec card it can transfer nearly 20MB/s. The Wii has enough memory to buffer the reads if it can't catch up.

I will try to find a link but there is a post in one of the Wii forums where people benchmarked pretty much every card available.

Evolve82 said:
If you buy this months Nintendo Mag, is there not a demo disk on it? I only saw it briefly yesterday but was in a rush so did not pay much attention!

The mag also has two posters (maybe sumone can identify what i mean by this?!)

Can anyone shed any light??

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Add me to ur Wii!! To make my slot glow!!!

Didn't this month have a free wii wrist band?

Back