Why Brawl Was Delayed (Good News)

Well to me Online isn't looking too hot, don't get me wrong it looks fun but I'm looking forward to Adventure mode more

^ Agreed. Since Online matches come equipped with child proof safety locks of anonymity, I think you will see a lot more of the "hardcore" gamers take a new liking to the subspace emissary.

The only large beef I have with the online options is the fact that they did not carry over tournament mode to be online. Granted it would take 4 registered friends to make it work, but oh man wouldn't it be awesome?

I mean nothing separates the wheat from the chaff better than a good ol' elimination tournament.

I liked watching the professional matches for Melee, but I always wondered if Brawl could make it easier and allow us to just do the same thing over the net. instead of having to gather in one location and play on the same console. But alas we will ahve to wait for the next firmware update i suppose. (if that's even possible..adding more online features to games via update?)

Online will certainly be a blast and Brawl will definitely top the Nintendo wi-Fi charts long into the end of this console generation. But I just wanted a little bit more.

Last edited:
Exactly.

SSB will always be a social game when it comes down to it. Online is a 'If no one can come over' alternative. It just isn't as fun without your buddies yelling in the background [presS OnEz!!1].

I'm beginning to think that the gamecube not going online was a great move for SSB. I am also extremely glad to see that there are many more offline modes than online modes, as if Sakurai is trying to reward those of us who play offline.

LevesqueIsKing said:
SSB will always be a social game when it comes down to it.

That could have all changed if they went in a different direction with the online options. Because they made the decision to secure every game, online play isn't the hardcore mode. Infact, it will be a regular thing to run into total newbs online so I'll avoid the play anyone mode probably at all costs. If they would have gone all out on that mode, that would have been all I played. Leaderboards, online tournaments, stats that could be built up. Something like BF2 with rankings and unlockable weapons. Except allow people to unlock things other than weapons with new achieved ranks. Despite the lack of amazing online options this game will provide everyone with that which SSBM didn't plus tons of new options. We all know how amazing SSBM was so this game is a done deal.

The point is that it shouldn't turn into that. Tournaments won't be done online, the real ones will still need to be travelled to because ssb is not an online game. A good online would be great, but I'd still play offline multiplayer with my friends so much more...

LevesqueIsKing said:
The point is that it shouldn't turn into that.
Maybe, your opinion. Others may think differently

Tournaments won't be done online, the real ones will still need to be travelled to
Of course, the "real" tournaments will need to be traveled to. With true professional players. But typical tournaments between a bunch of people doesn't really give the necessity of traveling to distant locations.

because ssb is not an online game.
That's not a reason. I want to give an anology but I couldn't really figure out how to convey that logic into another situation.

A good online would be great, but I'd still play offline multiplayer with my friends so much more...

Well yeah, obviously true friends are better but I don't have a bunch of friends sitting waiting for me to come home and play SSBB with them. Infact, most of my friends don't like SSBB or any of the others games in the series. They are all hardcore 360 and Pc gamers. I also consider myself to be a hardcore gamer but it just so happens that I personally believe the most hardcore games come about on the Wii. Legend of Zelda Metroid Mario SSB Donkey Kong (better previous games) Star Fox.

I hate nothing more than when people say 'THATS YOUR OPINION'.

I'm sorry, did you think my post would be portraying your opinion?

if it werent for u guys, online in brawl would be pointless for me cause i always get to hang with my friends to play some SSBM anyway. but like some of u said, yea, im glad hes not to focused on onlie. i mean, just to be able to do a simple battle is just fine with me. i dont really need anything extra (although spectator kicks ass)

Yeah im kinda with Shoko, i dont really need online play
and im glad there adding more characters, i checked dojo and was dissapointed, by the number of characters, but i guess they didnt anounce all of them...

^...Its not.

Sakurai already said it wasn't, but warned us about lag, remember?

Mingus said:
Maybe, your opinion. Others may think differently
I don't see WHY you would. Putting more online features would create more hermits and demote human interaction ;D

Sounds all cheesy and mther-like BS, but when it comes right down to it, it's more fun with friends. Mine are the same way in that most don't play video games, but when I do manage to find someone who will play with me it's always a blast.

I hate nothing more than when people say 'THATS YOUR OPINION'.

I'm sorry, did you think my post would be portraying your opinion?
Yeah, sometimes it's neccessary, but I think your post portrayed that it was your own opinion just fine =P

And as much as I agree with that opinion, I'm a little surprised considering you thought Online was the most important feature a few months ago o_O

ah, yes. Wasn't expecting anyone to remember that...

Its got to be balanced. Without online, I would not be able to learn anything, not be able to advance or get any better, seeing as I'm not willing to travel so far for a game. None of my friends know how to play, so I didn't have anywhere to go without online. Now that there is, I'll be playing online into the wee hours of the morning, learning and getting better. HOWEVER, I will be able to use that knowledge in offline multiplayer. All in all, offline multiplayer is more fun, but without online I wouldn't have been able to get any better, which wouldn't be fun either.

I just needed both. Lets put it this way: If the game didn't have offline multiplayer, I wouldn't be buying it either.

:wink:

Back