Why can't I get a copy of Mario Kart Wii!!!???

reddrob36

WiiChat Member
Feb 5, 2009
I was rudely awakened when I stopped by my local Gamespot to pickup a copy Mario Kart Wii, I had decided to buy it for full price since I couldn't find anyone on craigslist selling a used copy. So when I get to the store the dude tells me how popular the game is and that they can't keep it in stock! I tied a few more stops and no one had it. How can Nintendo not make enough of an "A" title like this to keep stores stocked? So my choice is to either get gouged (60-80) because I want it now. Or order it at Amazon and wait a few weeks to get it. I think I'll go that route since $49.99 plus tax is the max I want tp pay. I wish they sold an even cheaper version with the game disc alone. I prefer my Wavebird controller for this game. I tried that wheel and I was all off the track!

Last edited:
Mario Kart Wii has shattered all sales estimations and is on track (no pun intended) to be one of the best selling console games of all time.

It's almost impossible to find a copy of this game in store even 8 months after release. I saw 3 of them sitting on a Target shelf a month or so back and I thought about taking a picture becasue it's so rare to see it in store.

Edit: Oh, duh, I see you mentioned Amazon already in your post. Never mind!!! Doh!

It's in stock at Amazon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-Wii-Wheel-Nintendo/dp/B000XJNTNS"]http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Kart-Wii-Wheel-Nintendo/dp/B000XJNTNS[/ame]

Mario Kart Wii has shattered all sales estimations and is on track (no pun intended) to be one of the best selling console games of all time.

It's almost impossible to find a copy of this game in store even 8 months after release. I saw 3 of them sitting on a Target shelf a month or so back and I thought about taking a picture becasue it's so rare to see it in store.

Wow. Good thing I reserved it at Gamestop and got it at the midnight release!

Well, Amazon isn't that long of a wait. I was in your position where I wanted it so bad and all I had was a $51 amazon gift card, and a few days ago I got lucky when checking at school, and got it. I have to wait until the 12th just for it to ship, but oh well, I got suspended, so I got my wii taken away till April.

Really? I must be really lucky then cause I saw about 4 of them for 39.99 at Circuit City and decided to pick one up the next day.... .. let's just say I sorta regret waiting. But I also seen a copy at my local Gamecrazy.

On the other hand I ordered a copy of Wii Play from Amazon in January and it still hasn't shipped yet. They keep pushing the ship date back. Right now it's at February 10-12.

Back