Why defend the PS3?

---Brian--- said:
Reason i dont have a 360 is there just flooding the market with Fps's, they are boring and and after a while annoying. Only Fps i have bared to play to the bitter end was Resistance, as it also had a nice little storyline, enjoyed it immensly=)

Agreed thank god somebody sees through the 360s library

O ya all you guys replying to the GT online..... How do you know the new one won't be online, why are you arguing so harshly and you don't have any facts because the games not out yet.

fatalorgasm92 said:
O ya all you guys replying to the GT online..... How do you know the new one won't be online, why are you arguing so harshly and you don't have any facts because the games not out yet.
Well because GT1-4 are not online. He also stated it was the best online game, he couldnt be talking about the new one as its not been released yet hence he was talking about PS1/2. I dont know if the PS3 one is online or not but how does he know its the best online?

Anyways, he didnt mean it was online so, just a typo. I really like GT4 but since i know very little about cars, i didnt know what parts to buy.

You defend the PS3 for the same reason the fanboys defend the wii. Its what you like. I like video games, depending on what type of game i'm in the mood for decides what system I play. Puzzle games and party games usually go to Nintendo. First person shooters are usually 360 and since I have yet to spring for the PS3, rpg games are on the ps2.

Every system has its own game types that developers excell in creating. I don't care what systems people have as long as they enjoy what they play. The video game market succeeds because there is game and system diversity. People like the kid in that video are doing whatever they can to get under the "PS3 nation's" skin because he knows he can. Its the same way when people slam the faNboys for the "kiddie" games on the big N. Just ignore the ignorace of others and enjoy playing what you got.

Thor's Hammer said:
You defend the PS3 for the same reason the fanboys defend the wii. Its what you like. I like video games, depending on what type of game i'm in the mood for decides what system I play. Puzzle games and party games usually go to Nintendo. First person shooters are usually 360 and since I have yet to spring for the PS3, rpg games are on the ps2.

Every system has its own game types that developers excell in creating. I don't care what systems people have as long as they enjoy what they play. The video game market succeeds because there is game and system diversity. People like the kid in that video are doing whatever they can to get under the "PS3 nation's" skin because he knows he can. Its the same way when people slam the faNboys for the "kiddie" games on the big N. Just ignore the ignorace of others and enjoy playing what you got.

uh no i defend the PS3 because over half the people on this forum Ignorantly attack it with no explanation as to why. Im not being a fanboy.. i mean im playing Super Paper mario as i write this, I defend it because barely anyone else does. I dont technically defend the Wii cuz we are on Wiichat so who the hell is gonna dis the Wii. I agree with most of what you said , but its human nature to discuss everything and human nature to want what is better, so everyone argues what they have is better. Im mostly peaceful and keep to myself about it, I dont run around exclaiming this Console Sucks.. this Console rules. But it annoys the piss out of me when people do, and do it so blankly and ignorantly , so I say something in opposition. IM NOT GOING TO EDIT THIS but i reread that and realized You were talking to the Host of the Thread, i thought you were talking to me because I posted last. anyway nice speech i guess.... Reppies!!

I think 2008 will be the most decisive year for the console wars. Not only will we see the most promising price drops for the 360, and Wii, we'll also see all those 2007 games that got delayed. Star Craft 2, MGS4, FF13, Diablo 3(Just kidding). I believe whoever pulls out of 2008 in the majority of units sold will remain the winner for at least a solid 3-4 years.

My god, wats with the dudes glasses? Is that tape!?

And he has a horrible lisp

fatalorgasm92 said:
You played one game. Thats like saying o yeah I played Gears of War for Xbox 360, it didnt catch my attention for more than 2 minutes. Its really nooby as half the gameplay is hiding from people. It looks ok but then you realize its practically black and white. Dont judge on a single game...Although GoW sets the stage for most 360 games, because all anyone wants is Online FPS and know singe players games at all.....

Perhaps, it may have just been a single game, but it was a single game that was hailed alot in the media that I had reviewed. There was even a news segment about it shortly before the PS3's launch which showed people drooling over the PS3 and Motorstorm. To me it looked as if Sony had paid them off to praise the PS3 and it's titles.

I know a console can't be judged by a single game, as the PS3 does have at least one good title available (namely Resistance - FoM) But it, like the Wii and Xbox360 needs more original titles, as opposed to rehashes of the same Formula 1 racing games (with "new" reflection mapping or light mapping), I mean, who buys those games?

Ezekiel86 said:
I know a console can't be judged by a single game, as the PS3 does have at least one good title available (namely Resistance - FoM) But it, like the Wii and Xbox360 needs more original titles, as opposed to rehashes of the same Formula 1 racing games (with "new" reflection mapping or light mapping), I mean, who buys those games?
I dont know, who keeps buying those Mario Party games? Or Paper Mario? Or Metriod? Even Zelda? PS is the last one to talk to about rehashes, considering they make the most original titles.

Wtf is the big deal with Paper mario we are only on the 3rd one. And Metroid and Zelda are constistently great titles, it doesn't matter what game is remade but from all the titles you mentioned above you mean Nintendo. Nintendo is great at making prequels and sequels. Alot of original titles were made for PS2 because it was the easiest to make them on. Like Katamari! Yay Katamari.

fatalorgasm92 said:
Wtf is the big deal with Paper mario we are only on the 3rd one. And Metroid and Zelda are constistently great titles, it doesn't matter what game is remade but from all the titles you mentioned above you mean Nintendo. Nintendo is great at making prequels and sequels. Alot of original titles were made for PS2 because it was the easiest to make them on. Like Katamari! Yay Katamari.

Ill be honest, I cant stand playing zelda anymore. I try, but its just the same thing over and over and over. It was a great change on the N64, but every game after that was more or less a repeat. The gameplay has become a bit too repetative, they need to mix it up a bit. Right now, each zelda game pretty much repeats itself. Link starting off again from day one, only to have to get back all those weapons and skills as before, traversing the same gameplay like dungeons doing it all over again. A good sequel builds off of where one story left off and another begins, but right now the zelda franchise is in a state of ground hogs day. It just repeats.

As for paper mario... its horrible in my opinion. I miss the days when they worked with square to release mario rpg. And then there was a sequel planned for mario rpg, but ninty let another company develope it, and then paper mario was born. A far cry from mario rpg, but still better than the wii paper mario which has turned even more so into a simple side scroller than an rpg. I have to say also, the paper mario franchise is fairly butt ugly in terms of style. The mario rpg type of game with luigi as well for the gba is what they should have built upon.

Metriod is alright, its definately got style. I feel theres someething lacking in the franchise now as well. Its almost as most of the nintendo franchises are relying on their characters to sell rather than build upon the games. It seems to fall again in a state of repitition. Which is not bad if thats what you want. I have to say though, it seems metroid is the most advanced of the ninty franchises to date.

I agree with you that Ninty games are not down the toilet yet, and they have had some great titles. But also with Gamercon in that the franchises are focusing on the characters to sell and not new gameplay. I miss the days of the NES and Super NES when gameplay innovation and sequel growth, quality, were key to selling a title. Now its based of image saturation and franchise names.

i'll Admit they are all doing, I think Nintendo is just criticized the most for it because They are the ones known for making great original titles. So if they slip up everyone points it out. Theres Hundreds of Franchises that went down the drain almost immediately and truthfully there haven't been many Original titles ever since we switched to 3d. Not to say There Aren;t any at all just that it seems like there is less. Maybe because since we had no 3d Devs were pushing to make more invovling and entertaining forms of gameplay. I don't know but i sure wish the Devs would get off there asses and make some new original games...

Back