Why did You get a wii?

Singhson

****** by Syntax
Dec 20, 2007
Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed thr
Wii Online Code
4237-4091-4421-2313
Why did you get a wii?
I didn't get mine, My mom bought it for me and my sisters, her reason was she saw it on bbc news, and they said it was a must have gadget and was very affordable they said, before that i was a pc gamer, the last game i was playing was red alert 2 online. Now i can't even imagine my life without a wii, and all i use my pc for is work, cus it needs upgrading to play stuff like team fortress 2, plus I'm gonna leave all my gaming down to the wii anyway, plus theres gonna be more than enough stuff coming out for the wii to keep me busy.

thx for reading, forgive any ignorance/offense none intended!

Merry Christmas!

I made my return to video games since wow the PS One, and I got a XBOX 360 and it got damaged 3 days after buying it. I requested my money back, checked the PS3 but it was too expensive, so I got my Wii and I love it. Never looked back since!!

I bought it for the motion controls, and to play games within genres that aren't widely available on my main gaming platform - the PC.

generally because i've always loved nintendo, i like how they innovate new ways to game..when i first saw the wii --( 'revolution' it was called in the 'rumors age':lol:) i was in shock and made a mental note to own one. and when i found out it was only going to cost $250 (which i read on this very forum by the way!) i was sold!when it finally was released, i didnt even have to camp out for it, walked in, walked out! it was meant to be :). nice thread idea by the way

Last edited:
For those controls. Also to try and get other family members into videogames. AAAnnnd as an alternative to my more 'hardcore' PC games. I am VERY happy with Wii with multiplayer games, but am still waiting for some killer single-player games...

Hah, naturally either way I was going to buy Nintendo's next console, it's just what I do.

Frogger said:
Hah, naturally either way I was going to buy Nintendo's next console, it's just what I do.

Agreed.

I wanted to play new games that had my favourite characters..like Link and Samus etc. Only way to do that was buy the Wii, plus I liked the idea of the controls.

I bought a Wii because I wanted to enjoy "next gen" in a completely different way. The Wiimote's control system was the main attraction. :)

Because the PS3 wasn't coming out till March... So I decided to get a Wii for Christmas, because I wanted to get SSBB, but then it got delayed 100 times (exaggerating a bit)... Kinda regretted buying it so early, but when it comes out I won't regret it! I liked Zelda and SMG a lot... So it wasn't too bad that I got it when it came out..

I bought one because I heard it was so fun. I in fact bought another one to have one on both floors I loved it so much!

bought mine for the low price, and the motion controls, mainly for FPS that never really came out other than 2 or 3.

Back