Why do people think that if the System is old,its hard to find and rare?

Tekken Fan

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2011
Georgia
Why?one lady wanted 4.00 for a Atari 2600 controller,great but then she said there Expensive. there as expensive as the system which is dirt cheap. and when someone asks people online what rare systems they have,they say a Nes,Snes,GB,PS1,Genesis! hello,the Nes sold over 60 millions units so it's impossible for it to be rare(not untill 100 years and still no) the Gameboy is as rare as a nes. and the rest are the same. one dude wanted 45.00 for a black GB and im like WTF! they sell on Ebay for $10.00. heres my theory:if it's higher than ebay the price is BS!.it seems that i find the rare systems cheaper than the super common one.i got a Turbografx-16(rare),one controller,Turbo booster,and 4 games for $7.00but i see a N64(common as hell) for$35.00.Someone was selling a Gamegear with about 7(common) games and the battery pack(rare but not that rare) for $50.00.the system is only worth $10.00,the B. pack is worth $10.00 and those games were worth $1.00 each.here's what i think classifies a system as rare:if it sold less than 9 million units it's rare example:Game.com,R-Zone,Game boy light,Sega nomad.if it sold more than 9 million units,it's not rare but uncommon example:Microvision,Wonderswan color.if it sold over 11 million units, it's Common example:Gamegear,Neo geo pocket color.if it sold more than 15 million units,it's common as muck.ebay sellers have the tenancy to sell at Outrageous prices. like $80.00 for a GG total BS.$30.00 for a Gameboy system only,please it better come with 20 games. just because its old DOSEN'T mean it's RARE!!!!!a Turboexpress system is rare,not a Gameboy pocket. a Sega nomad is rare,not a Gamegear

No, I didn't read your wall of text so don't ask. The answer is common sense. When something is no longer made, there is less of it to go around. ktnxbye

I think you have a good point, I guess most people don´t know about the rarest systems, like me, I´ve never heard of the Sega Nomad until now. and if people sell GB at 40 it must be cause there´s someone who buy it, the fact they were popular then maintains them popular now, at some level.

Its rare because it is no longer in production and 100 yrs from now its gonna be like 100,000$ or something. My friend andrew is selling his old games for 50$ dollars and people actually buy it. My mom keeps and half dollar in a coffee mug so 50 yrs from now we can sell it for blah blah blah dollars

If some things no longer being made it dotn mean that its rare.
Idiots say the Atari 2600 is rare and they are slightly right.
There are models of it that are. (These are the ones that where the six switch model and are made in the US)
the rest there are to many of to be rare

Lets say the last woman ever made was today. Men would go crazy over her. Same here but for gamers

Rarity is determined by two major values: scarcity, and consumer demand. If there's only one sculpture or bust statuette in the world, but nobody wants it, it's worthless. If there're 100,000 of something in the world, but EVERYONE in the middle class or higher wants it, it's value skyrockets. There's more to it, but those are the most important determining factors to something's value in comparison to it's actual worth.

Lets say the last woman ever made

Woman are MADE? Are you from the future? :p

Don't you go and throw in the predictable innuendo, Assasin. :lol:

Rarity is determined by two major values: scarcity, and consumer demand. If there's only one sculpture or bust statuette in the world, but nobody wants it, it's worthless. If there're 100,000 of something in the world, but EVERYONE in the middle class or higher wants it, it's value skyrockets. There's more to it, but those are the most important determining factors to something's value in comparison to it's actual worth.

Woman are MADE? Are you from the future? :p

Don't you go and throw in the predictable innuendo, Assasin. :lol:

It was just an example. An unclear one too :p

Ok let me rephrase what i said.

Lets say the last woman AND gay man was born. Gay people and straight people would go crazy.

Is that better? :p

Twinkie, you never even played the old systems according to your favorites list, so shouldn't even be on this topic.

Ok let me rephrase what i said.

Lets say the last woman AND gay man was born. Gay people and straight people would go crazy.

Is that better? :p
Problem is with gays is theres three types(Top, bottom, versatile). Then a lot go for looks

​Also dewrp

What?????

I dont think gays go for looks. Just like straight people they go for personality or what ever they can get

Its ok you can believe that.

Ken Dodd (British entertainment legend) & (Younger) Tom Cruse in a bar.
Watch as all the women flock to the later

Back