Why do people think that if the System is old,its hard to find and rare?

Lets say the last woman ever made was today. Men would go crazy over her. Same here but for gamers

Depends. Is she a non gay Tinashe Kachingwe? (please say yes).

Gotta love a good topic change.....

Honestly ever since wizards created emulators ive never looked into buying old systems though there is a shop near me that sells them for reasonable prices. Im not sure if theyve got that system.

Id say ignorance in general. Dont believe me watch this:
[video=youtube;H4FV512vPHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FV512vPHQ[/video]

People are getting really dumb about this whole "vintage" thing. Just adding the word to an item immediately doubles its value.

Heres one for you, I just bought locally, off craigslist, an NES top loader which is kind of rare and sells on Ebay for around $100 usually but apparently the seller was unaware of the rarity and I got away with $35!

If youre into antiques like I am you know what a headache this market is... EVERYONE thinks their junk is far more valuable than it really is because every once in a while an idiot is willing to pay their insane prices which makes them believe their other crap is just as valuable. You just have to keep looking, but for me this is part of the fun.

They did a thing in the UK news paper called "The Sun" a few months back saying how much certain consoles would be worth in ten years time

>Atari 2600 common as muck model = £1000.
Yeah right

Id say ignorance in general. Dont believe me watch this:

I lol'd hard. I'm no antiques expert, but I sure as **** know a random NES, particularly in that condition (even if it worked) wouldn't sell for a quarter of $13,000. Refurbishing/cleaning it up murders whatever low price it would start out at, and as the bad-news appraisal gamer said, it'd have to be quite the special NES to get it's price even into the thousands, not counting refurbishing the thing.

Yep, the value of one's money is becoming more and more up to opinion, as well as how stupid buyers can be by the day.

They did a thing in the UK news paper called "The Sun" a few months back saying how much certain consoles would be worth in ten years time

>Atari 2600 common as muck model = £1000.
Yeah right

I've heard from a London friend that The Sun is a joke, being little more than rumors and dribble... This confirms that. :lol:

The Sun is a joke.
Its a "Celb" obsessed rag. Using quotes as some of these people only qualify as one as they have been on TV once on some "Reality TV"
I wouldn't even use it to line the bottom of my parrots cage

I lol'd hard. I'm no antiques expert, but I sure as **** know a random NES, particularly in that condition (even if it worked) wouldn't sell for a quarter of $13,000. Refurbishing/cleaning it up murders whatever low price it would start out at, and as the bad-news appraisal gamer said, it'd have to be quite the special NES to get it's price even into the thousands, not counting refurbishing the thing.

Yep, the value of one's money is becoming more and more up to opinion, as well as how stupid buyers can be by the day.

OMG this was the most retarded things Ive ever seen. Me and my gf watch Storage Wars every week and this is the new guy and he is a complete joke. But this is yet another part of the problem lol the NES that sold for 13K also came with a packaged Stadium Events which is one of the rarest NES carts. So this douchetard thought all NES marked 001 are worth thousands. My jaw literally dropped at how f-ing dumb this guy is... This happens all the time. Some douchetard thinks because he has a certain item, that once sold for $X amount means everything related to this one item is super amazing and rare and no matter what the market, it is and always will be worth this $X amount.

I wouldn't even use it to line the bottom of my parrots cage

:lol:

the NES that sold for 13K also came with a packaged Stadium Events which is one of the rarest NES carts.

Yep, that's the reason I thought why the NES the dude mentioned sold for 13K: it came with a rare cart such as the aforementioned Stadium Events. :lol: I believe someone referenced that in a thread a year or so ago. Was that you, Prinny?

Back