Why do Wii Owner feel the need to Attack PS3?

Ozweego

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
I am a concerned Wii owner who happens to own both the Wii and a PS3. Post after Post, all I see is Wii Fanatics dropping bombs on the PS3, and to tell you the truth I don’t understand why.
Wii, is a great system that gets people involved, physically. It may lack in Hi-Def and realism, but excels in sheer entertainment and interactive fun.
PS3, delivers unparalleled realism and Hi-Def supremacy but does not have the interactive factors that the Wii has.
In other words, both systems rock the Nex-Gen world on different fronts. To see post after post of why one is better then the other is a lost cause, simply because where they differ on all fronts, it is like comparing Apples to Oranges, they will never be on the same playing field, therefore never deserve to be compared to one another.
Unless you have both and can add some proven facts or personal opinions then stay away from bashing the other console, your swinging in the dark. Let’s praise the Wii for its entertainment factor and fun, and leave the PS3 out of the equation, your mealy sounding stupid when you try to compare the two.

This a stupid thread to even start because it's already been discussed. This is a NINTENDO Wii FORUM. The views expressed here will more than likely praise the Nintendo Wii over a PS 3. If you enjoy the PS 3 better then visit a PS 3 FORUM where you can then trash the Wii all you want! Peace out! :ciappa:

He wasn't trashing the Wii. Did you read the post? I quite agree with him in fact. Both systems are great, if I could I would have both. But the Wii got top priority, because I just thought of how much fun I could have with it. I recently played motor storm on the ps3. The graphics were wonderful, but Ill tell ya, after playing excite truck, it just isnt the same!

I also agree with him on a few notes. Both systems have their ups and downs although I do not own a PS3 I do own a 360 and wii and 360 are the same as wii and PS3. I have the wii for gameplay and the 360 for amazing gameplay and graphics. Plain and simple.

Ozweego said:
I am a concerned Wii owner who happens to own both the Wii and a PS3. Post after Post, all I see is Wii Fanatics dropping bombs on the PS3, and to tell you the truth I don’t understand why.
You REALLY don't understand why? Perhaps it is because Sony has been emitting a long string of lies. Hyping the capabilities of the PS3, while denigrating all other consoles. Do you remember when Sony claimed that "the next generation of gaming doesn't start until Sony says so?" Or that "1080P is the only true HD experience"? Or how about the promises of capabilities that mysteriously vanished along the way... like the PS3 was supposed to support dual display?

The last straw was at E3 earlier this year where Nintendo wowed audiences with a fit an finished Wii demonstration. In contrast Sony had tacked on motion sensing controllers but claimed that they planned it all along.

Unfortunately, none of the gaming blogs took Sony to task for that outright lie. Sony claimed to be ready for a Spring 06 launch and that it was only issues with Blu-Ray that prevented them from launching. If that was true, AND it was true that motion-sensing wasn't a last minute tack-on, why didn't Sony have a polished motion-sensing control scheme? Answer: one or both of Sony's statements were lies.

Time and time again, Sony has shown nothing but contempt for the gaming community...especially with regard to the PS3. They know that they have a dedicated segment of the community. They could release an Atari 2600 and call it "Playstation 4" and 500,000 people would buy it on launch day.

Ozweego said:
Wii, is a great system that gets people involved, physically. It may lack in Hi-Def and realism, but excels in sheer entertainment and interactive fun.
PS3, delivers unparalleled realism and Hi-Def supremacy but does not have the interactive factors that the Wii has.
Sorry, but the PS3 does NOT deliver unparalleled realism or Hi-Def supremacy. The HD gaming capabilities of the XBox 360 are on par with the PS3. And when you factor in all of the secondary capabilities the 360 beats the PS3. Only support for Blu-Ray sets the PS3 apart.

Ozweego said:
In other words, both systems rock the Nex-Gen world on different fronts. To see post after post of why one is better then the other is a lost cause, simply because where they differ on all fronts, it is like comparing Apples to Oranges, they will never be on the same playing field, therefore never deserve to be compared to one another.
Unless you have both and can add some proven facts or personal opinions then stay away from bashing the other console, your swinging in the dark. Let’s praise the Wii for its entertainment factor and fun, and leave the PS3 out of the equation, your mealy sounding stupid when you try to compare the two.
Hogwash! The Nintendo Wii EXCEEDED the expectations set by the company. The Sony Playstation 3 FAILED TO MEET the expectations set by Sony. On THAT we CAN compare the two.

A very Educated, but still one sided review. I am sure that I could spend days and nights researching Hic-ups and delays that plaque the Wii. I could scan website after website looking for the negatives, but the truth is I don’t have the time or the interest. I am completely fine with accepting that both systems kick their respective Asses on different fronts. I suggest you spend more time doing other things, rather then educating yourself in what will soon be useless banter.

DarkDepths said:
He wasn't trashing the Wii. Did you read the post? I quite agree with him in fact. Both systems are great, if I could I would have both. But the Wii got top priority, because I just thought of how much fun I could have with it. I recently played motor storm on the ps3. The graphics were wonderful, but Ill tell ya, after playing excite truck, it just isnt the same!

Yeah no kidding he wasn't trashing the Wii, did I say he was trashing the Wii? And yes I did read his post, did you read mine? If I recall correctly his orginal question was, Why do Wii Owners feel the need to Attack PS3. ANSWER: This is a NINTENDO WII FORUM! The PS 3 will recieve attacks on a NINTENDO WII FORUM . Do you expect everyone to praise another console on Wii console forum? Don't think so...

Search is your friend. I'll speak this one since i have both. They are both great systems. Other people saying it sucks... well lets see them build a system themselves. There are flaws in both and many people see each either "worth" or "not worth" it. but this is just how it goes, many people are die hards of one or the other. (of course u have those who don't really care or love both) How i see it, the wii is my g/f's console, and the ps3 is mine.

Ozweego said:
A very Educated, but still one sided review. I am sure that I could spend days and nights researching Hic-ups and delays that plaque the Wii.
Nope, not one-sided at all... simply the facts as they are known.
Ozweego said:
I could scan website after website looking for the negatives, but the truth is I don’t have the time or the interest.
Nice buzz-kill comment there. You could go scanning websites and blogs and you won't find anything about promises that Nintendo broke. The closest you can get is that they changed the name from "Revolution" to "Wii".

Ozweego said:
I am completely fine with accepting that both systems kick their respective Asses on different fronts. I suggest you spend more time doing other things, rather then educating yourself in what will soon be useless banter.
That's why you ended up owning a PS3. Because you didn't educate yourself. I made an informed purchase decision to buy the XBox 360 and Wii. I suggest that YOU do a little self-examination as to why you are so insecure that you feel the need to defend your purchase of a PS3. Spend more time educating yourself rather than complaining that people dislike an item (PS3) that you purchased. Do you have such little self-worth that you seek acceptance from others by buying "popular" items? :tard:

intekmdma said:
Search is your friend. I'll speak this one since i have both. They are both great systems. Other people saying it sucks... well lets see them build a system themselves. There are flaws in both and many people see each either "worth" or "not worth" it. but this is just how it goes, many people are die hards of one or the other. (of course u have those who don't really care or love both) How i see it, the wii is my g/f's console, and the ps3 is mine.

I couldn't have said it better myself!!
Thanks

I think that the main reason people that like the Wii attack the PS3 is because we are insecure. We love our console, but we don't really know how it functions. We haven't seen anything eye-popping, even on the gameplay side. I think alot of us, (Not me!) are worried that we "made the wrong choice." We all want to see the Wii win. We want Nintendo to reign supreme, but there is one obstacle. That obstacle is Sony, and its infamous PS3. To deal with this, we attack it. Me must make ourselves believe that we don't want a PS3, because we just spent so long hyping ourselves up about the Wii and punching our cousins because they mentioned the word playstation one day. So Wii do the only thing Wii know how to do, Wii fight to defend ourselves against the pain of the millions of particles emmitted by the Playstation 3, and the ever evil, Ken Ku.... Sony!

That's just my take on it anyways!

OK,i dont rant on the ps3 cause i own a wii,i rant on it cause i hate it..simple.

Sracer,
Education I do not need, University provided that. It also provided a job that gives me the means to get any system I care to purchase without researching every hit or miss the manufactorer caught onto. So thanks for the concern, but I am extremely pleased with how both systems perform, not just the cheapest one.

Ozweego said:

and vice versa.

Back