Why do you guys hate so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhiteSnake007 said:
Ok First I'd like to point out that this site is called wiichat.com. Why would you register just to diss the system it's dedicated to. And I can find quite a few reasons why Wii is better than ps3.
1.Blu-ray is a technology that will probly be gone within a year becuz nobody likes it and its too expensive
2. the wii is a fraction of the price of a ps3
3. the ps3 is basically hardcore gamers only, the wii was made for everyone
3. The ps3 is just more of the same button mashers we've played before.
4. nintendo has balls for doing this with the motion sensing becuz it was a decision that could have been a success or a failure
5. Nintendo has better exclusive franchises(Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Super Smash Bros, etc.)
6. The wii will probly have a larger game library since it can play wii discs, gc discs, and the virtual console has games from about 5 different consoles. I don't care wut you say, some of those older agmes (super mario bros., etc.) are better than some of the new PS games. Why would nintendo make New Super Mario Bros. if they knew it would fail.
7. I already have a multimedia center that can edit photos, play cds, dvds and video games, etc. It's called a COMPUTER. Maybe I'll show you how to use one some time.
8. Notice how some ps3 features(connectivity to portable system, etc.) were things that Nintendo had first.
There's 8 reasons why wii>ps3

First of all I am not really here to diss the wii, as i stated I own one, and I plan on keeping it for a few titles that will come out in the future.
Another the number 3. statement, if your gonna play games, why not be a hardcore gamer.
for the 4th one, the PS3 does have some motion sensing in it. For the others I can see how the price can be a factor but its well worth it.
For the exclusives i'll let you keep that reason, those games do own.
for the computer comment, I have one too, your point? I'd rather play most games on a console then a PC I'm sure a lot of people are like that as well.
and for the last one, so what if the wii had some things first, i'm sure nintendo has taken some ideas over the years.

I wouldnt waste my time with computer games. People who play computer games end up like the characters on south park with wow.

Wii&Ps3 said:
I wouldnt waste my time with computer games. People who play computer games end up like the characters on south park with wow.
Ive got to agree with you there im starting to hate computer games. All i need is something new which is why i like the wii. No offence to ps3 and 360 but other than the tilt on ps3 its still just pushing buttons.

Whats wrong with pushing buttons? You dont push buttons on the wii? When I look at my wii remotes I see a ton of buttons. Maybe you got a different version?

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't say I haet the PS3 even though others might think I do. I just prefer the Nintendo products over the Sony ones more. I haven't ever said this to others much but why can't all of them be the best? (I know that sounds a little farfetched or whatever) Aren't video games just for playing and having a good time?

Oh god, I can't believe I just said that o_O ...

Before the PS3 I was a huge Sony fan. When they announced PS3=$500 I was still a Sony fan. But they kept crapping in my face. They took out the memory card and PS1-2 controller slots, they took out half the features they promised. After that they crapped in my face one more time and racked the games up to $60. I only paid $50 for two games ever. Disgaea (PS2) and Zelda (Wii). I also looked at my 92 games and realized I got most from $10-$20.

i dont see anything wrong with it, i was going to get it at one stage but i needed clothes, dvd's etc and i didnt have the money but the wii is so cheap and entertaining that i decided thats the better console ( also because i love nintendo games and the controller is ACE!! )

but ye....if sony took out ble-ray and put it at the same price ( ish ) as xbox 360 then me-tinks they would of got a lot more fans !

I guess the price isn't what turns me off the most, I mean, I'll dish out $2000 for a computer without flinching. But the PS3 isn't a computer, it's a gaming system that wants to be a computer but ends up being a little pathetic. Sure, it has awesome graphics and can calculate pi to a million places, but in the end it's still not a computer, much to the disbelief of Sony Computer Entertainment.
Secondly, it's just a ploy by Sony to force Blue Ray on the world, which I'm not going to do. If Sony wants to win the format wars they'd better have a superior product, not sneak around with some surreptitious ruse.
Going back to the computer thing, if you think about it, the PS3 actually costs more than a high-end computer. You have to pay for a system ($500), then you need the HDMI cable ($50-$100), and lastly, you need an HDTV, which run about $2000 for a nice 1080p. So given the choice between an awesome computer for $2000 and a knock off of a really nice computer for $2600, I'll take my computer.

i think that the ps1 was probably the best thing sony made, ps2 secound, ps3, i wouldnt even name it on my list, and seriously, the only reason sony made it is so you poor people would be in debt and make the rest of ur lives a living hell so to say....

Why do I hate the PS3 so much? Hmmm maybe because I am buying a "Entertainment System" for 1000 dollars for NOTHING! I already have a top-notch DVD player, we have surround sound that can play mp3 format and whatever else the ps3 has! So in other words I would be paying 1000 for stuff I already have? NO THANK YOU! I would only buy the PS3 for a maximum of 500 dollars.

Jer5078 said:
Another the number 3. statement, if your gonna play games, why not be a hardcore gamer.
Because hardcore gaming isn't for everyone. My fiancee likes some games but she isn't a hardcore gamer and never wants to be. It's people like this that Nintendo is trying to get. These folks don't care if it looks amazingly gorgeous in 1080p, they don't even know what that is, or if the gameplay is super in depth and the AI is ultra smart. They just want some fun. As long as they keep on making fun innovative games Nintendo will do alright.

I was over at a friends house last week playing the ps3 he just bought and all our fiancee's could say was "What am I supposed to be seeing?".

WhiteSnake007 said:
Ok First I'd like to point out that this site is called wiichat.com. Why would you register just to diss the system it's dedicated to. And I can find quite a few reasons why Wii is better than ps3.
1.Blu-ray is a technology that will probly be gone within a year becuz nobody likes it and its too expensive
2. the wii is a fraction of the price of a ps3
3. the ps3 is basically hardcore gamers only, the wii was made for everyone
3. The ps3 is just more of the same button mashers we've played before.
4. nintendo has balls for doing this with the motion sensing becuz it was a decision that could have been a success or a failure
5. Nintendo has better exclusive franchises(Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Super Smash Bros, etc.)
6. The wii will probly have a larger game library since it can play wii discs, gc discs, and the virtual console has games from about 5 different consoles. I don't care wut you say, some of those older agmes (super mario bros., etc.) are better than some of the new PS games. Why would nintendo make New Super Mario Bros. if they knew it would fail.
7. I already have a multimedia center that can edit photos, play cds, dvds and video games, etc. It's called a COMPUTER. Maybe I'll show you how to use one some time.
8. Notice how some ps3 features(connectivity to portable system, etc.) were things that Nintendo had first.
There's 8 reasons why wii>ps3
i dont like the ps3 much either im just trying to defend it the best i can from fanboys

and you are a RETARD
this is like the 328967832th time someone asked something like: whyd you join just to flame? when no one ****in looks at my join date which is def. before you joined
and i dont ****in diss the wii

musselwii or whatever, Sony Computer Entertainment
they develop games dumbshit fanboy

this thread ive heard most of the same thing, ps3 sucks, then a few reasons that back that up but are opinions and false facts

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
what is so bad about it, the only thing i really see wrong is the blu ray which might fail, and its bad to force it onto the consumers. and give me some reasons without comparing it to other systems

That's exactly what's so bad about it... adding Blu Ray was a stupid, stupid idea, and an expensive one.

How much would it have cost without it?

Something else to think about: how many of Sony's other proprietary media formats have been a success?

BlenderWizard said:
That's exactly what's so bad about it... adding Blu Ray was a stupid, stupid idea, and an expensive one.

How much would it have cost without it?

Something else to think about: how many of Sony's other proprietary media formats have been a success?
yah i wanted some other reasons besides that, a lot of people dont think itll fail and it might not...(trying really hard to say that with a straight face is hard)

The main reason is because of BluRay. The format it clearly unproven. There are even accounts of some BluRay movies not playing well on PLAYSTAION 3s AND SONY's OWN BLURAY PLAYERS! I would not want to commit to technology like that. If you beleive Sony when they say that BluRay can teoretically go up to 100GB, then you are an idiot to believe their lies and empty promises. Sony is known for not making good optical drives. Tell that to my dead PS1 and PS2, RIP.

I thought the PS3 can do everything. Tell me about this technology called the "com-pu-ter" :aureola:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back