Why do you really play the Wii?

reaper5554 said:
hey wats yur faviort wii game? mines red steel

Let's see...I am just desperately waiting for Pro Street. It will be released in Two days in USA....I guess I'll have to do some magic to get it but it worth it, also TLoZ TP is cool. Call of Duty 3 eventhough it was kinda short. I finished it in less than two days. I just want to find a way to get Taisen EX for wii also thinking in buying medal of honor and maybe BWII! I am a very general gamer ...It all depends in how good the game is. But I play all the different types, from sports to fps! which rox!

i just like nintendo games. sometimes there are third parties that try to make a good game. i like the wii controls a lot but thats not the reason i bought it. virtual console is great. the forecast channel is more accurate for my area than citytv weather. whats up with that?

just to get away from the world, to take me away from reality.........haha i sound like a drougy

For me its all about fun! When I first got the wii with the standard one remote and Wii sports, my mom saw what i was doing and she wanted to play along with my sis. She and her really enjoyed it! They were smiling and they were enjoying it. My sis and my mom never played Video games in their lives and it was so simple for them to get into. Now my mom wants one and my sis is dying to take me on in tennis and bowling (which I still win).

I also love the fact that the console is affordable and that playing with friends online is free and its wireless. You can really get into the game and have fun cuz you are not restricted to a cable connected to the console. When I play RE4 I can really get out there and shoot zombies cuz i feel like im in the game carrying a gun.

Now when I go out with my friends for the weekend when I go to Michigan, they say "BRING THE WII!" cuz they know its hard to get and they wanna play it so bad and I can be like "yeah I got one!:lol: " Its just really easy for me to get into and its pretty innovative.

the Wii to me is something i MUST have. im a Nintendo fanatic since i was a lil' kid. i remember playing my NES or SNES and my N64. the Wii is jus all of those consoles combined into one............ which is totally awesome :)

I chose the wii because Nintendo is known for its creativity and inovation. I have always liked things that are unconventional, and Nintendo delivered. Look at how different games are becoming because of the wii. Examples are Wiiplay and Wario Ware-Smooth Moves, Elibits and Rayman-Raving Rabbids and now, Zakk and Wiki. It has made other games better feeling and playing, like Resident Evil and Metroid. And I'm slavering for Mario Galazy and other goodies that are coming.

I like the motion sensing and the pointer. It is soo different and outside convention as to be a thing onto itself.

I'm a Nintendo nut. I have always liked their games because of the bright cheery colors and they are just different from other games. I just like the childlike dreamy quality of Nintendo's games. You can't get the Nintendo flavor anywhere esle but Nintendo. Its like a favorite food.

I think the wii sells so good because its different and outside the rules. It is a good machine for new players of all ages and skill levels. I have watched many youtube videos of old ones and babies enjoying the wii. It brings people together.

I have had the personal experience of showing it to people, demonstrating it both at home and in stores and I always wig people out and they want one. Its always fun to watch their reaction when I use the controller to move in games.

It sells itself.

Why do you choose to play the Wii over other forms of entertainment? What about it is more entertaining than going to see a movie, watching tv, or participating in a sport?

love the new game play. gets you up and moving. Love the Metroid and Zelda series as well. Thanks to the plumber for pushing.. too bad sonic couldnt spin this far too (hardware wise) You will be missed.

It offers the best situation for me. Nintendo is different from the other producers. Nintendo=Variety

I'd be kicking myself right now if I'd had gotten an Xbox because I'm not a fan of FPS OR Sports games.

Metroid=Enough FPS for my liking
Mario=Platforming
Brawl=Multiplayer, Main game
MarioKart=Online MP when I'm bored of Brawl
Resident Evil 4= Horror

You've got the best of everything...

Tullerdino said:
Why do you choose to play the Wii over other forms of entertainment? What about it is more entertaining than going to see a movie, watching tv, or participating in a sport?

I'm disabled, so I can't play a sport. I like the wii cuz it lets me ACT out the games. It like I'm there IN them. I feel more connected to the action.

It's a game I can enjoy with family and friends regardless of their gaming skills.

Back