Why Does My Wii Look Like Crap?

schnep97

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
I have had a Wii for a month or so now, and love it.

But I recently purchased a HDTV 720p television. My wii worked fine through the regular composite inputs( Red, White, Yellow) but I decided i would purchase some component cables to make my Wii display in 480p (I believe?)

I hooked them all up corrdctly and I am getting a picture. Virbrant colors, but the image is so ugly! Its like totally pixelated around every rounded shape, (bowling pins and Mii's seem to be the worst). All the text looks fine, but the actual in game render is beyond playable. For the time being I have moved back to regular composite cabels, and I wonder if they look so bad becuase of the off brand cable I purchased, or if their is a setting somewhere that I am missing.

And I have set my Wii for wide-screen display.

Any help would be appreciated.

i am not sure what your problem is but it sounds like the cord is faulty (maybe short circet in the cord). i would seprate the differnt wires in the cable to make sure theres no shorts, (ask another person about that though) also check where ther plugged in (again and your wii/hdtv setting to make sure there isn't a setting fault

never mind, solved, screen resolution setting on the wii. thanks for help tho.

Yea, setting under screen on wii options menu if anyone else has this problem.

Back