why doesnt the wii....

Apr 4, 2007
why doesnt the wii have dvd capability???? i mean, why wouldnt nintendo make a dvd chanal that alows you to whatch dvd, doent nintendo know everyone likes to whach dvds, what is your sudjestion on this?:confused:

because everyone has a DVD player these days (dvd players, computers) and it was to keep the price lower.

there are two thing to consider:
1. nearly everyone owns at least 1 dvd player in thier house
2. it is a hardware issue which cannot be solved by a download.

Byuakuya said:
there are two thing to consider:
1. nearly everyone owns at least 1 dvd player in thier house
2. it is a hardware issue which cannot be solved by a download.

There are always 2 things to consider with you lol

1. I DON'T have a DVD Player, I use my PC and It'd be nice to watch them upstairs on my Wii

2. Actually the Games are DVD's just played the oposite way. A Software update could work. They've already officially stated that the new DVD Wii's is Sortware related slightly.

Maybe 2 wouldn't work but It'd be nice and when I get some money [Job etc] I will buy a DVD player anyways lol

Wii_Smurf said:

1. I DON'T have a DVD Player, I use my PC and It'd be nice to watch them upstairs on my Wii
dang didn't consider that. sorry man i wasn't meant to come off as being mean.

Nah you weren't lol

Just I saw like 3 posts of yours with 2 things to consider lol. It was a joke, Why not 4 or 5 :D

Wii_Smurf said:
Nah you weren't lol

Just I saw like 3 posts of yours with 2 things to consider lol. It was a joke, Why not 4 or 5 :D
yea to be honest with you, i can't seem to think about any more than 2 to write lol.

Nintendo said from the start that the wii was going to be purely a gaming console. Nothing more, nothing less.

^^^ yes, but the bigN also said it was too be a very easily accessible console that was helpful, media friendly to new gamers, so a DVD feature would be help and be a form of media for non-gamers, so DVD was def. considered

the wii's coming out later on are supposed to have dvd capability( and they will probably be the ones in diffrent colors) but they couldnt do that in the begining thats what sucks....

Wii_Smurf said:

2. Actually the Games are DVD's just played the oposite way. A Software update could work. They've already officially stated that the new DVD Wii's is Sortware related slightly.

Maybe 2 wouldn't work but It'd be nice and when I get some money [Job etc] I will buy a DVD player anyways lol

No, you're wrong, he was right. A software update won't help.
If you don't have a DVD player, stop being cheap and buy one for $25. Or go buy "Cooking Mama" for double the price...-_-

A DVD player would:

1. Raise the price
2. Be less original
3. A wasted add-on

Just my opinion, with no DVD player, the Wii is unique and original since bothe the X-Box 360 and PS3 have built in DVD players.

Back