Why dont they make a donkey kong country game?

Jlink5

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Janesville,CA
Wii Online Code
0536-4710-9100-7310
:wink: I need to find out why Nintendo's not making a Nintendo Game . I know Rare quit on them and being complete backstabbers for not finishing donkey kong racing and other exclusive games that are yet to be previewed . I need to find out why they haven't made donkey kong It's Shigeru Miyamoto . Oh please if I spelled that right!So can we all join up together and write to Nintendo and have a little confidence . What comes out or not?:nono:

The fact is, and you stated in your post, that Rare has jumped ship. Rare is the developer for DK Country, Nintendo is just the producer. Hence Rare owns the liscense.

You never know, maybe Nintendo is already working on one. I would really like another Donkey Kong too, but who knows how good it was since we don't have RARE on our side anymore.

Oh Banjo Kazooie, I miss you so much.

rare don't own the lisence to Donkey Kong by any stretch of the imagination, it is a Nintendo IP that Nintendo allowed rare to make. Banjo Kazooie however is Rare's as is Conker, which is a pitty as they both rocked.

Hi

Well now I know . So thank you all . Oh and please add me on the wii . My friend code is on the left

Leche159TKE said:
The fact is, and you stated in your post, that Rare has jumped ship. Rare is the developer for DK Country, Nintendo is just the producer. Hence Rare owns the liscense.

Nintedo just authorized Rare to make the old DK Country game. DK is still a Nintendo charcter despite Universal Studio's attempt to sue on the grounds that DK is to much like their character King Kong (which Nintedo won).

they were lucky to win due to a bad translation, as Donkey Kong was seen as an original IP the original name was Monkey Kong it got badly translated to what we have today as Donkey Kong, pop trivia and fun. The idea goes that if it had remained as Monkey Kong the ruling may have been different on the case.

did u know about donkey kong country returns? thats the most recent DK game to come out and its one of my favorites:yesnod:
oh wait i just saw this thread was started in 2007 never mind.

:yesnod:

Back