Why Don't They Make A High Scores Channel?

Zackh321

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2007
Since they don't have a lot of games online yet why can't they at least have some score rankings channel? I used to love trying to beat high scores in arcades against other people. I'd love to play some Donkey Kong and see who can get the highest score of all of the Wii users. Would probably be a good promotion in conjunction with that King of Kong documentary that recently came out. Also, all they'd need to do is store the highest scores so they wouldn't have to maintain game servers that require a lot more bandwidth. Top 100 highest scores. If someone doesn't have a score better than #100 no data has to be saved anywhere except for on the player's console. They could call it WiiCompete or something lame like that. It would also be cool if they could provide some really short games like the competition games they've made over the years:

Nintendo World Championship 1990
Nintendo Campus Challenge
PowerFest '94
Star Fox Competition
Donkey Kong Country Competition
Blockbuster World Championship

Pretty much those were carts used in competitions that have a time limit. You play a few minutes of a game and it switches to another game(Except for Star Fox and Donkey Kong). You get a total score tallied up after you're finished. I've heard these competition carts are pretty fun to play too. However, I'll never get to play them because they're collectors items.

good idea, but i dont see it happening, it would be so cool for msc too, where it records every goal scored and who scored it.

It would be a fairly pointless channel, but I know for a fact I'd be constantly checking it to try and beat the scores!

The other thing is it would need to take information from the game you have played, otherwise people would just enter fake scores to be the top!

I agree that it would have to be based on actual scores sent to the internet from the actual game, and not what people input, because, like you stated Marc, people would just post fake scores. I actually find this idea much better than the worthless everybody votes channel, I mean who the fcuk came up with that?

who knows, it might happen, but not anytime soon, there isnt really a good amount of online games to make a channel like this

Well if there was an update that pulled high scores from all your games, that would be amazing. (Doubt if that is possible, but I can dream right?)

Well they could do that, but I don't think it could be with games allready released, they would have to add a feature to all new games that says something like send scores, then the game would send your scores to the internet database for that game, but still unlikely to happen

I didn't think about that angle, that would work, but like you said not very likely to happen.

Or at least build it into future games, I think that is alot of the fun for alot of online games like SOCOM, Madden, AOE, Etc. where you build up rank and can see where you are on the all time list compared to everyone else. There are a ton of games that have it, why not here?

#500!

And that is a very good idea, but I don't think it's coming any time soon. Maybe wait a while and it'll come.

Marioman said:
Well they could do that, but I don't think it could be with games allready released, they would have to add a feature to all new games that says something like send scores, then the game would send your scores to the internet database for that game, but still unlikely to happen

I'm wondering if there's any way to read the VC games and get scores from them without doing a modification using an external program built into the Channel software? The game's score has to temporarily be stored somewhere to show up on screen.

Back