Why Is My Wii Collecting Dust?

The Full Metal

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
Wii Online Code
7025-7911-6754-9182
It's sad I got my wii on the day it came out.. played it for about a month.. and really havent touched it since.. I have ALOT of games for it including recent ones that have come out. But it seems I play them for an hour and go right back to 360 or Ps3 :mad2: I'm really hoping "Brawl" will change all of this. I also think a BIG reason I don't use my wii as much is NO CHAT! I love being able to chat to my budz while gaming.. dunno anyone else have a wii collecting dust?

Dude, I'm totally there man.

I dunno, I'll just look over my library of games and none of my games are appealing. Zelda: stuck again (pathetic, I know), Red Steel: blah.. MySims: haven't been able to get into it, Resident Evil, the Umbrella Chronicles: Stuck, Marvel Ultimate Alliance: why did I even BUY this game? Etc. etc.

I dunno. Still waiting for another killer app besdies Zelda. Brawl? Yes.

Yeah i'm in the same boat as you

Mario Galaxy - was good initially but now it's just dull

Zelda - completed it so don't play

Metroid Prime 3 - Completed it don't play

Resi Evil 4 - Completed it dont play

Mysims - Don't play can't stand it

Red Steel - This game is shite

Zack and Wiki - Completed it

So now I am bored and will pick up a PS3

I have the exactly opposite prob! I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO SPARE TO MY WII!! I would play the games i own for months, not hours. + i want a lot of more more games that already are out to stores (not to mention the forthcoming ones!!) I've spent so much money for my Wii, i would buy 4 PS3s!!! And i'm REALLY REALLY happy about it!!!

Yeah I've got a bunch of games I've only played a few mins to check them out, but haven't focused on yet. Such as: Resident Evil, Cars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, Sonic, etc. I'm currently playing Tomb Raider Anniversary, which is an under-appreciated game in my opinion. Then there are a half-dozen games I want that I don't have yet: Excite Truck, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero...

I don't have enough free time to play my Wii. But then again, I have a job and an apartment to take care of.

Well games like StarFox Wii and Donkey Kong Wii are rumored that they are in development or will soon be in development. You have Mario Kart Wii, Pikmin 3, and Animal Crossing Wii coming this year. Along with Disaster Day Of Crisis, Alone In The Dark and a possible Red Steel 2 coming out this year. Surely something there garners your interest.

Mine was collecting dust for a while, but my 360 broke, then it broke again and im playing Super Smash Bros. Melee and im picking up Brawl on Sunday. I don't know how long Brawl will last me, but I know it won't last me as long as it will other people. I'll probably play it for a while then hop back on 360 when its back. SSBB should be my go-to game when my 360 breaks alone with Mario Kart when I get it.

i pretty much beat all of my 18 games but the online for for MOH:H2 has kept me playing

I think the problem that you have is a simple one, which many people suffer from:

You're obssessed with shooting people and blowing $#!t up. People who are die-hard 360 or PS3 fans pretty much only care about the "hardcore" games, which are inevitably a bunch of cloned squad-based shooters, first-person shooters, blah blah blah.... yeah they're fun, but you've got to be able to open your mind a little bit and realize that OTHER TYPES of games can be really fun as well...

So many Wii games have been awesome so far, yet you can only play them for an hour before you start getting that itch to blow $#!t up again?? Come on, man... if your mind is that narrow then there's no hope for you.

Zelda:TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Guitar Hero III, Smash Bros Brawl... all of these are excellent games that provide a unique, and fun gaming style that isn't "hardcore", but is more varied and dynamic than most 360-style games...

Trust me, I have a 360 as well, and have fun with games like Call of Duty 4. It's not bad, but it is FAR simpler and less interesting than say, Super Mario Galaxy, because you're pretty much doing the EXACT SAME THING over and over until you beat it. For someone like me, the excitement of blowing people away just doesn't make up for the lack of originality and gameplay.

The Wii really is worth playing, the games are very fun, and provide an experience you can't get anywhere else. If you play for more than an hour, you might begin to realize that!

Last edited:
Is it dusty on the controll panel ?

For me change collectin to attractin

Granted I only have about four or five games (money reisons)
But my god damn Saturn is less dusty
(ok so I have moved it but it has been played since xmas)

Transfixed said:
I think the problem that you have is a simple one, which many people suffer from:

You're obssessed with shooting people and blowing $#!t up. People who are die-hard 360 or PS3 fans pretty much only care about the "hardcore" games, which are inevitably a bunch of cloned squad-based shooters, first-person shooters, blah blah blah.... yeah they're fun, but you've got to be able to open your mind a little bit and realize that OTHER TYPES of games can be really fun as well...

So many Wii games have been awesome so far, yet you can only play them for an hour before you start getting that itch to blow $#!t up again?? Come on, man... if your mind is that narrow then there's no hope for you.

Zelda:TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Guitar Hero III, Smash Bros Brawl... all of these are excellent games that provide a unique, and fun gaming style that isn't "hardcore", but is more varied and dynamic than most 360-style games...

Trust me, I have a 360 as well, and have fun with games like Call of Duty 4. It's not bad, but it is FAR simpler and less interesting than say, Super Mario Galaxy, because you're pretty much doing the EXACT SAME THING over and over until you beat it. For someone like me, the excitement of blowing people away just doesn't make up for the lack of originality and gameplay.

The Wii really is worth playing, the games are very fun, and provide an experience you can't get anywhere else. If you play for more than an hour, you might begin to realize that!

Interesting theory, but all wrong. That would mean 360 only has blow em shooters.
I can't blow anything up on Oblivion
Portal btw is a very nice puzzle game which they will be making Portal 2
Mass Effect is heavely revolved around story telling and RPG
Dead rising is all about killing zombies and surviving
Madden 08 doesn't even have weapons in it, unless stiff arm is a weapon
Ever play Lost Odyssey? or Blue Dragon? How about Overloard, Virtua Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 4, or Skate?

Yes, yes... 360 is only shooters, silly me...

Btw I found Super Mario Galaxy to be repetitive and extremely easy. I still had fun with SMG mind you, but I didn't find it as great as everyone else. I think Zelda and Metroid Prime 3 > SMG IMO. Also SSBB will > SMG.

FRuMMaGe said:
Because it can't collect stamps.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:yikes: i just got it!:yikes:

Back