Why Is My Wii Loud!!!

How loud is it? I can here my Wii better than the game thats on my TV:sick: But I can sometimes ignore it you know if I get too into the game:yesnod:

PS3Stinks said:
How loud is it? I can here my Wii better than the game thats on my TV:sick: But I can sometimes ignore it you know if I get too into the game:yesnod:

hmmmmm its 7 decibells loud !

Yeah I can hear it over the tv if I listen but most of the time its ignoreable !

I only know three really annoying problems with the Wii

1. Loud noise when reading disks (Common Problem)

2. Freezes %40 of the time when loading a disc from the menu

3. Can't Expand memory stuck without Hard drive space

well if yours is freezing that much , get it seen to dude!

seems the wii is the only thing on the planet can freeze by overheating

You're "supposed" to play game cube games with the wii on its side, so then you won't knock it over. It's not necessary, but it helps. Other than that, I dont know why it's so loud.

If your Wii is making noise, first insure that the surface it is sitting on is solid. I do know while on it's side it is more prone to vibration noise, sitting it flat without the stand will help that annoyance.

Also, examine the discs. It has been reported that the "loud" Wii's have been munching the outer edge of them, and if it is doing that it is time for repair.

If the Wii is freezing or giving you "Cannot Read Disc" errors on multiple games, it is time for it to be sent in. Even once a week is too frequent. It seems most people have gotten this at least once, either due to inserting the disc in upside down or because they take poor care of there game discs. Continued use of the cardboard sleeve for Wii Sports will also result is a scratched disc. If the disc is clean and you are still getting errors, it is time for repair.

Those who are saying "it works great", well it's not supposed to be that loud and probably a matter of time before failure. Keep that in mind. It seems that Nintendo had shipped a bunch of Wii's with bad drive motors which got past QC, and is the source of this problem.

If the noise coming from the Wii is loud enough to distract you from your gameplay, then I suggest that you contact Nintendo and tell them about the problem. If the noise is not that loud, then it is just the laser reading the data on the disc.

ericlewis91 said:
mine is so loud...like so loud>

if i send mine to nintendo? will i loose my games? and wii channels?

If they format it then yes you will lose your data I believe.

ericlewis91 said:
mine is so loud...like so loud>

if i send mine to nintendo? will i loose my games? and wii channels?

they will be lost but u can download them again at no cost

Do u leave your games inside the wii and dont put em back in the case?
beacuse only some games do that on mine and ive noticed that the sides of my games got a lil melted bumpyish

d_k said:
Do u leave your games inside the wii and dont put em back in the case?
beacuse only some games do that on mine and ive noticed that the sides of my games got a lil melted bumpyish

If your Wii is getting hot enough to melt the edges of your discs then the whole thing is about to burst into flames. Most likely the edges were already like that and you just didn't notice. It's not uncommon for the edges of discs to not be perfectly squared off around the edges.

I think the main problem might be overheating I'm probably going to try to get one of those cooling stands and get a wireless sensor bar while I'm at it. It that doesn't work I'm going to send it in.

Back