Why isnt Wii Sports & Play online?

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
Do any of you know why Wii Sports & Play isnt online? Do you think they'll ever be online?

It's because Nintendo is still holding back their online multiplayer game system feature setup thingy. It'll be let loose in late June, starting with a Pokemon game.

If and when there is a Wii Sports 2 (I'm sure there will be), Nintendo will likely make them online multiplayer.

yeah wii sports online would be great, but nintendo is holding back on it right now. If there is some kind of update for it, i would praise nintendo. But i highly doubt that. I hope they change there mind about the online system they just announced though =/.

Rival

Stranger said:
they'll have to overcome some difficult lag issues first though
How do you know that it would lag? I mean, there aren't any Wii games online capable that you can refer to, are there? Besides that, the Wii Sports games are so basic, I can't imagine lag being an issue on a console.

maybe it wont lag, but im just being theoretical, if there was lag, ppl wouldnt play online, so they'd have to make sure that the online servers were up to the challenge of hundreds of thousands of wii users playing heated matches online

You talk like no one has done it before

dude, halo is online.........Why couldn't you play a stupid tennis game? Now brawl on the other hand......

is Nintendo holding back or are the lacking the technology?

demo games for the wii functionality wouldn't be online.

i doubt nintendo will send updates to put games online, 512mb doesn't leave much room for that.

A RAND0M TAC0 said:
online play is nothing new also.....

Online play could be new for Nintendo. Thats what i'm wondering. Ive never played Nintendo online before. My friends were the ones that put the thought in my head.

MrDonut said "It'll be let loose in late June" im sure theyre just adding the bells and whistles now.

Back