Why Japan is so much better than America

I been to Japan a couple of times, I thought everything is really crowded over there and I feel a bit claustrophobic, but overall, its nice, expensive but nice.

thats like that EVERYWHERE YOU GO. in all honesty, i lived in chattanooga TN briefly. now, im from NY. i have that NY attitude (from working in the city), i have that NY walk (fast paced), and i have that NY look (clothes that are trend setting). Down in TN, they dont appreciate that sort of "sass" down south. its just frowned upon. everyone was so friendly and polite and i met some real gentelmen down there and even the girls! they were simple country "gals" who werent catty or full of drama. they were polite as all heck too!

i can understand why he would post a topic on why japan is better than the US. but i think what he means it as a better way of life. he doesnt go into political powers or regimes or anything like that. he just talks about the beauty and the culture and how people are much more civilized than here. In the US, yes i can agree too that we can withstand to be less abrupt and learn to appreciate our country a bit better (there was a time we were nice and that was 9-11 HOWEVER, that lasted about a day or so when everyone stoped being so nice to one another....IE the 15 minutes of fame :mad5: )

anyways, i agree that anywhere outside of the US is going to be different. i mean im from romania and lemme tell you as poor of a country it is the archetecture and everything is breathtaking. same with israel, russia ECT.

one of my best friends is from russia and she contantly says how russia is NOTHING like it is here.....sometimes i can agree with what she says but i will never change my colors. ill forever be red white and blue

Japanese people are very respectfull to theirselves and others, they have deep-seated customs and stuff that is just so overwhelming, that you can all wish you lived in Japan! But were no slouch, were the world superpower for a reason! Even though we seem to all be a bunch of @55HOLE AMERICAN COWBOYS!!! =]

Nope, just the same as I posted, look it up, but yours would have worked as well loosey!!! Nya!

The amazing about the US is how diverse of a nation it is and yet the goverment manages to function well. There is really no "American" culture because there are many cultures. Blacks, whites, Asians, etc generally do not act like each other (with exceptions of course). Yet we are able to cooperate. And for the most part, Americans are decent folks. How decent we seem depends on the region. The South tends to be very polite and friendly while the North tends to be more rude and rushed.

One of the best things about the US is its sheer size. Japan has 100+ million cramped together on small islands. The US is huge (not Russia huge but pretty large) and it's great to be able to travel to everywhere in the US without extra fees (as in international travel). Russia and China have large uninhabitable regions and yet mainland US doesn't.

I think Japanese people can be a bit too serious. I think the society is too much about being the best, and that's why so many people take their lives there. It's just how it has to be there in such a small country.

I actually kind of like France's lifestyle, they know how to do things in a relaxed way from what I hear and have seen from visiting.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
We may have a higher crime rate, but our suicide rate isn't as bad as Japan's. I wonder why.

I think Japan sounds awesome though, it's just I think I'll go with America.

Well Ive done some research and the suicide rate is slightly higher (not much at all!) than in the US....so I dont know why people dwell upon that one...
I like America too but the future seems dim...however I could be over exaggerating...

Umm and another thing that I hear a lot from people is how expensive Japan is! Well, heres the thing, MOST people in Japan get paid a lot...so it really isnt that expensive to them!

the yen is worth MUCH more than the american dollar

??? Are you sure that's correct? I thought 100 yen= 1 dollar or something around there. How is that worth more?

SHE?! :O

I read in my US government book that Japan's judiciary system is not as large and used. The Japanese seem to believe in settling problems privately. And in fact, the government puts up barriers to access courts. Good or bad?

Back