Why leave it on?

The only time my Wii has been turned off is during power failures, and I've had mine since December of last year.

JCpackers05 said:
it being on standby uses little to no energy at all. so having it off isnt "saving the world"

mine never really gets to hot, but it always is warm. and mines always on standby unless the power goes out and when it comes back on. the system is off.
10 million x how much voltage it takes to keep running/second = massive consumption

Eh. I don't need updates.
So I don't need it on.

Maybe in the future when WiiConnect 24 is actually useful.

i keep mine planted on my air vent, when it gets hot the vent comes on. and then it turns off when the wii gets cool

I always leave my Wii on standby so I can recieve WiiMail via WiiConnect24. I never completely turn the Wii off, but on the other hand, it's definitely not on. Never been overheated for me.

same here....i get message from people needing help on RE4 or LOZ:TP.....i cant ignore them :lol:

well if you completley turn it off you still get messages the only thing is that the blue light isnt on...

JCpackers05 said:
uhm yeah no...if it uses such little energy when on standby, it does not take 10 million x voltage to keep it running. basically the system is almost completly off...

He actually means that 10 million people using x amount of energy (probably can't think of how much at the top of his head) at the same time.

WiiBad said:
I'm all about conserving the life of this fine console and plan to have it for a very long time...call me old fashioned but after seeing how hot the poor thing got there is no way I'm leaving it on 24/7. You can easily find out about updates right here on this forum, and like somebody said above they only leave theirs on during the day...in case you get a message, this could fill the gap. Still though, it obviously makes the console work overtime. Guess it all comes down to how much you love your Wii!
The console was made to do this, So i dont think it will harm it in anyway. Have you ever felt a computers processor when its been on for a few hours ? Yet people leave them on for years on end without any troubles.

cannon said:
The console was made to do this, So i dont think it will harm it in anyway. Have you ever felt a computers processor when its been on for a few hours ? Yet people leave them on for years on end without any troubles.

Like me!

Trulen said:
Eh. I don't need updates.
So I don't need it on.

Maybe in the future when WiiConnect 24 is actually useful.

ditto.

I never unplug mine. It never gets hot. After seeing this thread I did, though. Just to be on the safe side. I hardly use it anyway.

Back