Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why not enough fighting games for the Wii....???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by gino_76ph, Feb 12, 2010.

1. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

i had the Xbox 360 a few months ago and it was a brilliant games machine but sadly i have to sell it for financial reasons. now i'm being tempted to buy a Nintendo Wii mainly because of a. Super Mario Bros. and b. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

but my only reservations for the Wii is the lack of (really good) fighting games around. maybe never mind the likes of Tekken or Soul Calibur. i wish we could at least see classic ones like maybe Street Fighter III Third Strike or some SNK-Playmore games like King Of Fighters XII, Neo Geo B.C., etc. i'm sure the hardware can take those games isn't it?

i mean it will be a while before i get bored with TvC and gawd how i wish any sequel will be ported to Wii or its successor.

but...why not so many good fighting games for the Wii....????

2. JeremyGTS

JeremyGTS WiiChat Member

The Wii Virtual Console has all kinds of Neo Geo fighting games... but tatsunoku vs capcom is a great game.. i get my ass kicked playing online but its still fun...

Im not really into fighting games so i cant help ya out, but i know NEO GEO on VC has alot of them.

3. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is one of (if not the) best fighting games on any console, it beats Streetfighter IV, Soulcaliber and Tekken to a bloody pulp.

There is also a little fighting game on the Wii called Super Smash Bros Brawl that is very highly rated and allows for 4 players.

Samurai Showdown Anthology is also available, I believe it works out cheaper than buying them on the VC.

Other than that there are some so-so fighting games like TMNT Smash Up, Castlevania.

On the VC there are all the SNES/Genesis Streetfighter games and a bunch of Neo Geo fighters.

4. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

i would like to see Street Fighter III Third Strike, King Of Fighters XII, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum on my Wii. so far the Wii's virtual console has no sign of those games but my main argument is surely the Wii's hardware can take those games will it?

5. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 8041-7231-3447-6164
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Street Fighter III Third Strike - No chance any-time soon.
    King Of Fighters XII - You dont want it, I hear its rubbish.(that was coming from fellow KOF fans)
    Garou: Mark Of The Wolves - Out now on 360 and PS3
    Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - Out soon on PS3/360 (the end bosses are annoying cheating feckers)

Theres a problem.
    Its Nintendo.
    They want the games to come out in order, so you have no chance of seeing these on the Wii any time soon, but you cant (if you can find it) get hold of King of the fighters Orochi saga that has King of the fighters 94 up to the sublime 98.

To be honest if your into your fighters your money would be best spent on a 360 and a pair of joysticks/street fighter pads.
    Then you have loads to chose from.
    Heres a list you might find useful
    Ffffffffffffffff
    Comparing it to Street fighter is easy, but Tekken and Soul Caliber?
    Come on there years old and there not even the same gameplay wise to Street Fighter

#5 DBloke, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  6. Bodine

Bodine Sonic expert

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Tatsunoko vs. Capcom = the only fighting game you'll need for the Wii.

But the various versions of Street Fighter 2 are available on the Virtual Console.

7. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

didn't fancy them SF versions unless SF III Third Strike or Capcom vs SNK 1or2 comes around.....

8. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Capcom vs SNK 2 is out on GameCube and SNK and Capcoms relationship broke down. So dont expect any more cross overs

9. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

if Capcom vs SNK 2 is out on GC that means i can play it on my Wii? will the Wii's controller suffice in playing the game? can i save the game data on an SD card or only an GC memory card?

10. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    Some thing that has been answered a lot in the past
    Game Cube games need.
    Something in the GameCube pad port (controllers work best).
    A GameCube memory card to save things.

11. Blair D.

Blair D. LAMP OIL, ROPE, BOMBS

YOU WANNIT?! IT'S YOURS MY FRIEND, AS LONG AS YOU
    Wii Friend Code: 5649-5607-0254-5491
    5649-5607-0254-5491
    Because Nintendo wants to make the Wii "family-friendly."

12. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    And then makes Smash Brothers that has Nintendos characters beating the stuffing outa each other

13. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

still...the question remains: why not enough good fighting games for the Wii? the reason why i'm buying a Wii is not for fighting ganes but still i would like to see them. the PS3's and 360's are getting the most maybe because they have the right hardware. if the Wii 2 (or Wii HD) can get it right will we see them games more you think?

#13 gino_76ph, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  14. bencrawfor

bencrawfor WiiChat Member

It would be nice if I can play TEKKEN on Wii... but on second thought... maybe there's no need for that. If Wii could come up with a cooler fighting game then why not...

15. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

that is true though. if they can combine elements from the old Castlevania Judgement and the upcoming Tournament of Legends (and a bit of that SC Legends) then we can have a good Tekken alternative.

now, if only there's a follow up to those 2D beat um ups like Capcom vs SNK2 or Guilty Gear XX then we can give SFIV a hell of a fight....

16. akubokawii

akubokawii WiiChat Member

17. gino_76ph

gino_76ph WiiChat Member

so far the best 2D beat-em-up is Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the Wii. if they can continue and build on that then i hope it will all be sunny days for us Wii fans. if not then we can only hope or suggest it to Nintendo or known publishers of said games.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 (and my other fave Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and King of Fighters 12) are all available for the 360. why not for the Wii....?

18. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

They would do better getting a PS3 for fighters. The 360s pad is horrible and the cost of buying special joysticks/pads would offset the extra cost of the PS3. I don't see the point of quantity over quality myself though, not that they don't have great fighters on PS3/360 (BlazBlue for example) but you wouldn't be getting anything that is drastically better than you already have on the Wii.

There would also be the option of getting a couple of Gamecube controllers and playing fighters from that system (although there isn't really that many of note that I remember).

Soulcaliber IV came out in 2008 and Tekken VI in 2009. That's hardly years old! Of course the styles are different but in overall terms I think that Tatsunoko vs Capcom is a better game than both of them.

As DPrinny said Nintendo like to release games in order, so they'll go through the entire series until they get to those games. I doubt we'll see Marvel vs Capcom 2 though, not because the Wii can't run it but because it wasn't on any of the consoles currently supported by the VC. The only hope for that would be the arcade version turning up on the VC Arcade at some point.

I'm fine with the fighters I've got right now - Tatsunoko vs Capcom, SSBB, Street Fighter 2 Turbo/TNC (VC), Mortal Kombat 2-3 (Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for Gamecube) keep me happy and I don't see anything on the horizon that will usurp those titles.

19. DBloke

DBloke The last original
    Staff Member Moderator

8041-7231-3447-6164
    The PS3 pad is even worse for fighters.
    http://videogames.yahoo.com/xbox360/fighting/

Ok lets go off quality
    On 360
    Gaoru mark of wolfs
    Mavel vs capcom 2
    King of fighters 98
    Fatal Fury special
    Street fighter 2 HD
    Tekken 6
    Virtua fighter 5
    Super Street fighter 4
    Blaze Blue
    Street fighter 3 third strike (via the Street fighter collection on xbox)
    Capcom vs SNK 2

QUALITY!!
    To name a few

NO!!
    Fighting games should not be played on a Gamecube pad

20. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    anybody try bleach or mortal kombat for wii?