Why not enough fighting games for the Wii....???

gino_76ph

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
London, England
i had the Xbox 360 a few months ago and it was a brilliant games machine but sadly i have to sell it for financial reasons. now i'm being tempted to buy a Nintendo Wii mainly because of a. Super Mario Bros. and b. Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

but my only reservations for the Wii is the lack of (really good) fighting games around. maybe never mind the likes of Tekken or Soul Calibur. i wish we could at least see classic ones like maybe Street Fighter III Third Strike or some SNK-Playmore games like King Of Fighters XII, Neo Geo B.C., etc. i'm sure the hardware can take those games isn't it?

i mean it will be a while before i get bored with TvC and gawd how i wish any sequel will be ported to Wii or its successor.

but...why not so many good fighting games for the Wii....????

The Wii Virtual Console has all kinds of Neo Geo fighting games... but tatsunoku vs capcom is a great game.. i get my ass kicked playing online but its still fun...

Im not really into fighting games so i cant help ya out, but i know NEO GEO on VC has alot of them.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is one of (if not the) best fighting games on any console, it beats Streetfighter IV, Soulcaliber and Tekken to a bloody pulp.

There is also a little fighting game on the Wii called Super Smash Bros Brawl that is very highly rated and allows for 4 players.

Samurai Showdown Anthology is also available, I believe it works out cheaper than buying them on the VC.

Other than that there are some so-so fighting games like TMNT Smash Up, Castlevania.

On the VC there are all the SNES/Genesis Streetfighter games and a bunch of Neo Geo fighters.

i would like to see Street Fighter III Third Strike, King Of Fighters XII, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum on my Wii. so far the Wii's virtual console has no sign of those games but my main argument is surely the Wii's hardware can take those games will it?

i would like to see Street Fighter III Third Strike, King Of Fighters XII, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum on my Wii. so far the Wii's virtual console has no sign of those games but my main argument is surely the Wii's hardware can take those games will it?

Street Fighter III Third Strike - No chance any-time soon.
King Of Fighters XII - You dont want it, I hear its rubbish.(that was coming from fellow KOF fans)
Garou: Mark Of The Wolves - Out now on 360 and PS3
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - Out soon on PS3/360 (the end bosses are annoying cheating feckers)

Theres a problem.
Its Nintendo.
They want the games to come out in order, so you have no chance of seeing these on the Wii any time soon, but you cant (if you can find it) get hold of King of the fighters Orochi saga that has King of the fighters 94 up to the sublime 98.

To be honest if your into your fighters your money would be best spent on a 360 and a pair of joysticks/street fighter pads.
Then you have loads to chose from.
Heres a list you might find useful
Tatsunoko vs Capcom is one of (if not the) best fighting games on any console, it beats Streetfighter IV, Soulcaliber and Tekken to a bloody pulp.
Ffffffffffffffff
Comparing it to Street fighter is easy, but Tekken and Soul Caliber?
Come on there years old and there not even the same gameplay wise to Street Fighter

Last edited:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom = the only fighting game you'll need for the Wii.

But the various versions of Street Fighter 2 are available on the Virtual Console.

didn't fancy them SF versions unless SF III Third Strike or Capcom vs SNK 1or2 comes around.....

Capcom vs SNK 2 is out on GameCube and SNK and Capcoms relationship broke down. So dont expect any more cross overs

if Capcom vs SNK 2 is out on GC that means i can play it on my Wii? will the Wii's controller suffice in playing the game? can i save the game data on an SD card or only an GC memory card?

if Capcom vs SNK 2 is out on GC that means i can play it on my Wii? will the Wii's controller suffice in playing the game? can i save the game data on an SD card or only an GC memory card?

Some thing that has been answered a lot in the past
Game Cube games need.
Something in the GameCube pad port (controllers work best).
A GameCube memory card to save things.

still...the question remains: why not enough good fighting games for the Wii? the reason why i'm buying a Wii is not for fighting ganes but still i would like to see them. the PS3's and 360's are getting the most maybe because they have the right hardware. if the Wii 2 (or Wii HD) can get it right will we see them games more you think?

Last edited:
It would be nice if I can play TEKKEN on Wii... but on second thought... maybe there's no need for that. If Wii could come up with a cooler fighting game then why not...

It would be nice if I can play TEKKEN on Wii... but on second thought... maybe there's no need for that. If Wii could come up with a cooler fighting game then why not...

that is true though. if they can combine elements from the old Castlevania Judgement and the upcoming Tournament of Legends (and a bit of that SC Legends) then we can have a good Tekken alternative.

now, if only there's a follow up to those 2D beat um ups like Capcom vs SNK2 or Guilty Gear XX then we can give SFIV a hell of a fight....

Back