Why not make more games??

Akaraa

Yup
Aug 29, 2007
Illinois
Yes yes, we know u made the nintendo wii but they should still make Gamcube games, Gamecube was the sheet!! But NOOOOOOOO they gotta stop, then they take some time, then the wii comes out, taht really sucks

The wii is still cool tho

Uh....Ninty only recently stopped releasing GBA games...I don't think you got anything to worry about, you'll still get your wii-ports for a while.

Actually the Gamecube had some pretty dark days, when nobody was buying. But it was pretty good I guess...

Yeah, I am enjoying all the great GC games, which I didn't have a chance to play before because I never owned a GameCube.

Well, I stand amongst those who didn't care for the gamecube. And there's alot of us. ;)

World wide PS2 Sales - 113,000,000
Worldwide XBox Sales - 26,000,000
Worldwide Gamecube Sales - 21,630,000
Worldwide Dreamcast Sales - 10,000,000

The gamecube had a very clunky controller, and almost no third party support. I'm glad I got my wii so I can go back and play the half dozen in-house titles that I wanted, but there was never a game that made me go out and buy the system even in it's prime.

And for the record, I've owned every nintendo system released in America since 1989 (nintendo included) *except* the gamecube, that one just had no appeal to me. :/ Not when PS2 was giving me Devil May Cry, Ratchet and Clank, and Jak.

Rant aside, the gamecube will probably get a few half-assed ports and move licenses here and there for the next year or two, but it's just good business for Nintendo to throw their weight behind a system that's already sold 10,000,000 units worldwide.

But hey, on the bright side, another decade down the road and we'll be downloading Gamecube games to the virtual console of the future! :D And then we'll take our hover cars to work! (C'mon, they gotta have flying cars by the year 2018!)

lol were still working on cars that dont run on gas, dont get your hopes up Tairusu.

gamecube never appealed to me either and i guess i can see why they stopped making games for cube, cause the wii is so cheap and the games have the same kind of graphics..its just so similar. cube's fan base shifted to teh wii easily but PS2 fans cant just run out and get a ps3 for 250. (why i switched to a nintendo console!) and i dont regret it.

SensesFail said:
the wii is so cheap and the games have the same kind of graphics..its just so similar.

That's the main reason I was thinking. Besides developing for the Wii Remote and possibly Nunchuck (which isn't necessary) there isn't much to set them apart hardware wise.

They need to place more advertisement and product placement on the Wii, so they can maximize the amount of money they receive. if everyone bought a Gamecube but not a Wii, then they would not be making alot of money, only about 100$ per person.

I myself am going to be buying two used game systems
Xbox
Ps2

I still need to get a spongebob game for my girlfriend....yes she likes spongebob.

Back