Why Red Steel has difficult controls

vagrant

₪ ۩ ₪
Nov 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Wii Online Code
8573-5327-9660-0097
Trick answer, it doesn't.

If you can't get the hang of the controls, perhaps you just aren't coordinated enough? Or maybe you have never played a first person shooter on the computer? Everyone I know who was played the game with me, picks up on the controls within 10-20 minutes. So just because you are on the slower side of the learning curve, don't make dozens of threads bashing what is working as intended.

If your cursor is jumping around and such, you should probably back up or change your wiimote batteries. Or maybe it's because you are locking on with A. Locking on with A will make your cursor jump around as they move and you need to position your crosshairs within the tracking box.

I believe the exact quote from my roommate was "I usually hate first person shooters on console, this is the first one I've liked playing." Then followed by him telling me to get call of duty.

ocdan said:
I love you...

wel yeah I dont have the game yet and asking it for xmas, heard all the talk of it and didnt really care, im a FPS ace

I think the problem is, Red Steel got so hyped up by the fanboys, that so many non fpsfanatics bought the game and didn't know what to expect.

This game is the bomb. And IT's SO DAMN LONG. And there are so many sword fights along the way. And wait until you get to the creepy funland rabbit thingy level. So creepy.

Ya the game is very good, although I havent gone far because I ve been neglecting it for ZELDA :D lol, I play it mostly when my friends come over, and its a lot of fun, they usually get the hang of it in 1 or 2 games, and then they have lots of fun, the more people the better it gets, its really a good game, especially if you have friends :D

Thank you kind vagrant. I now have no doubts about this game.

After reading all of the threads, I was getting quite worried about whether I'd like this game or not. I had the growing suspicion that it was just something to do with the new controls, and people thinking of them too much as though they were PC controls. I suppose people are used to the cross-hair sticking to the middle of the screen.

I'm sure I'll love this game, and the multiplayer looks bloody excellent. Can you comment on the multiplayer at all, or will I need to try it for myself?

Anyway, thanks for letting us know how it really is.

Im still unsure of getting Red Steel, I mean I cant exactally rent games either which is unfortunate; it looks, sounds, and possibly smells good, the story is awesome but if I cant play it than I will have wasted over $100 bucks... :idea:

yah controls are great!
but...the sword play..seeing wii baseball, and seeing how 1:1 it is, makes you question why they didnt do it for red steel.

It's about time someone made a thread like this ;)

yea, the controls aren't flawed, they are actually pretty much flawless. It's just that the sun and other light sources sometimes can getin the way and people are lazy to learn the new controls. They aren't PC controls, they're Wii controls.

-----

Also: on X-play, Sessler complained about keeping the wiimote centered on screen. You don't have to stand up and hold both the nunchuck and wiimote up like you're riding a bike or something. You can sit down and maybe put your elbows on your knees or something to stabilize your hand or something. Simple as that

"It's just that the sun and other light sources sometimes can getin the way and people are lazy to learn the new controls"

I play in the darkest conditions possible for midday light, and ill be using my wii as an excuse for not revising, so go Red steel for me!

Wii controls, PC controls, it's all the same to me. The basic concept is there.

Point, click, frag.

It's that simple.

vagrant said:
I think the problem is, Red Steel got so hyped up by the fanboys, that so many non fpsfanatics bought the game and didn't know what to expect.

This game is the bomb. And IT's SO DAMN LONG. And there are so many sword fights along the way. And wait until you get to the creepy funland rabbit thingy level. So creepy.

Thanks for clarifying that, after reading some of the threads in this board I was beginning to wonder.

it took me a little to get used to
but now i seem to be getting very adept at it
cant wait to try call of duty

Back