Why the name Link???

because he is the 'link' between the player and the world of Zelda

Why are wheels round, its just one of lifes many awkward questions. . . .

maybe chains were involved?
maybe he is the link between good gaming and bad gaming sicne he has been on both sides?
maybe lots of elf looking things are called link?

Well thats like asking why Samus' name is Samus or Kirbys name is kirby, but i think they chose it cause it sounds cool, or maybe because the earings that link wears look like chain links. BTW i see youve found the bleach matrix pics ;)

-Ok desu ka?

StevenNevets said:

:idea:

I think that the name is cool, but why not a usual name like Jonhy??? :lol:

"The search for the Triforce reunion begins, all the sages have been unleashed thanks to the hero chosen by the gods, JONHY!!!" :lol:

That would problably screw all the story... :lol:

demonflair said:
:idea:

I think that the name is cool, but why not a usual name like Jonhy??? :lol:

"The search for the Triforce reunion begins, all the sages have been unleashed thanks to the hero chosen by the gods, JONHY!!!" :lol:

That would problably screw all the story... :lol:
I think Jonhy is a keeper. :lol:

demonflair said:
A keeper?? You mean from the game??

Lol, i thought you woulda understud that demon.

johny would preety much ruin all the mystery and darkness from zelda.

From the shadows, a hero choosen by the gods has risen, enter Johny:lol:

Byuakuya said:
No, I meant its a great name. They should have "kept" it for the game.

I thought that you were refering to a guard/keeper!?! :lol:

Cpt.McCloud said:
johny would preety much ruin all the mystery and darkness from zelda.

From the shadows, a hero choosen by the gods has risen, enter Johny

"Princess Zelda and is saved by Jonhy!!!" «-- LMAO!!! Not good for the critics... :lol:

the whole zelda getting saved by a johny just doesnt suit the style of game:lol:

No Link was called Link because in many of the games, he was the only link between alternate worlds. He was the link that kept the people together or he was the important figure in the game. Anything can be looked Symbolically and there are probably documented evidence around about why kirby was named kirby or samus, samus. Either way it really doesnt matter, if the name is dorky and silly and has no purpose or has hardly any significance then the hero probably sucks.. like Eragon. Taking Dragon and replacing it with an E is hardly any creative license.

Back