Why wii've already won

Deedee

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
When I see threads about how people are bored with their Wii already or they hoped it was more powerful than it is, or they (or even I) wish it could do this or have that... I remind myself... The important thing was to support Nintendo's direction with an initial purchase IMHO. That showed the gaming industry what people want and when more money is poured into it as a result we'll get closer and closer to immersive virtual-reality type play... the kind people that have been gamers since the beginning have been dreaming about all along. The kind of gaming that we drooled over while watching ST:TNG

When I was a kid, the geek pundits and seuth sayers pretty much promised personal jet-packs by now (actually quite a few years ago by now) and throw-away clothes made out of paper, and robots to do all the housework... and that was the typical course of events… big promises broken and dreams dashed, while we all waited for a holodeck-type gaming experience to please come along while we could still enjoy it.

Quality physical VR type programming (like Wii Sports) will always be way more fun for me than ANY game I play with my thumbs or by clicking my mouse and millions of Wii owners showed the industry that I’m not alone. Early support was critical and now it’s been done. What any individual bored or disappointed Wii owners do or how they feel is pretty irrelevant at this point. The work is done, the ball is rolling and things are looking up!

What else can we feel we're playing, what cool places can we feel we're visiting or experiencing? I wouldn't mind a virtual surf board or a virtual climb up Mount Everest, or to be fully immersed in the roll of rock god (drummer please) on a world stage, would you? THIS is the future of gaming and the Wii started it by proving a point and it only cost us all a couple hundred bucks a piece to help them prove it. Money well spent IMHO, whether I ever played with it again or not, worth every penny!

What a great thread, i enjoyed reading this. i agree entirely with you and it bugs me so much when people say they are bored with their wii already.

wii is awesome. if people don't like it anymore, why waste time complaining about it online? just go sell it and get something else already.

not me though, wii rocks and i will continue to support it.

Depends on what virtual reality is defined as.
PLaystation 3 has like real life graphics while the wii has not so real.
And the wii has real interaction, the playstations is not so real.

U cant exactly say the wii has won....yet at least

wii still has great graphics.

I agree that people are stupid if they sell Wii for a PS3. I still play Wii, as a matter of fact, I was just playing WarioWare: Smooth Moves on Wii with my friend yesterday. Wii is awsome

eh, until some of the better games come on its still sub par on my list. amazing console, worst selection of games ever. summer will change that though.

This is a little big headed isnt it?. Even on some other forums i see this, just because your fav is the wii doesnt mean you can rule everything else out.
yes i'm a wii fan but im not ruling everything else out for all we know it could end up similar to the last gen with mainly ps2 and xbox dominating. Yes the wii has that control system but it couldnt stand up to the power packed into the other consoles. I think the wii could be the better console but i woudlnt rule the others out just yet.

EDIT: btw, nicely written, great point.

I bought the Wii because the new control scheme interested me personally. When I look at games and consoles I really look for something that is new in concept or design. For those that love graphics the PS3 is great and if you love Online the 360 is great. I personally also love graphics and online but I prefer a PC to satisfy those little loves I have.

To each his own. I personally dont like those whole "My console is better then yours" stuff. I personally believe that the PS3 is overpriced but if people like the PS3 that is their business. I mean I could say that the PC is "better then everything else because it can use the Wii's remote, has graphics superior to the PS3 and has online capabilities greater then that of the Xbox but i don't truly believe that. Each one has it's own little up to it.

Hmmm... You Pose An Excellent Point My Friend...

BUT!!!!!

The PS3 "Home" Is Gonna BLOW The Mii System Out Of The Freaing Water... :frown2:

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:

BUT!!!!!

The PS3 "Home" Is Gonna BLOW The Mii System Out Of The Freaing Water... :frown2:

if u mean that HOME will take over then u are preaching my friend.

i honestly look at ps3 like a ps2 with better graphics and same with x box...i haven't seen a system like wii yet!

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:

BUT!!!!!

Home looks interesting but i dont think it can be compared to the mii system. Home is a complete application aimed at doing many things, The Mii Channel is just an integration of the wii's interface.

if ninty ever do a 'Mii World'... or something, it would be more appropriate to compare to Home

the wii is unique thats what sets it apart from the others - i dont get the big deal with graphics anyway i think the wiis graphics are fine , its the gaming experience which is more important (plus a wii dont cost 450 pounds)

Back