Why????

PS3man said:
I complained because of my recent experiance with Nintendo.
So, you're complaining because of what you've experienced, rather than what Nintendo DID.

The GameCube sucked and anyone I know agrees.
Everyone I know says that the Gamecube is great. I have been a Nintendo fan since the NES too, and I've understood virtually every decision they've made.

I can name at least 100 people right now who would agree.
Is that in real life or is that on the internet? Because if so, I could name 1500 people who like Nintendo, cos this forum has hit over 1500 members.

I was very dissapointed that I wasted the money on it.
You didn't, you just lost heart because you were obviously around people that weren't into it (from the way the previous point sounded).

I would play and beat all the worth while games and unlock all the content, I bet in two months at the latest.
How many Gamecube games do you own, because I can guarantee that the "worthwhile games" will take more than 2 months to complete everything on.

This will be good for kids, but I know a lot of people who were not kids played the older systems and had a blast.
There's quite a few people I know (not kids) that have had fun on the Gamecube. You've obviously be choosing the wrong games.

And I think, nay I know, I have played more games then many if not everyone reviewing these forums.
Your perception of the forums here are obviously quite limited. This isn't just a place for 13 year old kids who liked a few games on the Gamecube go. Also, I'd love to hear why you think you've played more games than some of the senior members here (age-wise). You're not just talking to Nintendo fans, you're talking to gamers. I own a variety of different consoles, and am offended by some random guy stating that he "knows" he's played more games than me. I say prove it.

I like the interaction of the controller, but how much with all that games that utilize it limit the games total content?
You obviously have been ill-informed. Most of the games in development utilize the innovation and the general variety of ways the controller could be used. This is why Nintendo puts pictures up of hopw people play these games. Likewise, if a game doesn't NEED a new control scheme, or the new remote will get in the way, they have the option of sticking with the Gamecube controls. For example, Smash Bros Brawl.

With the name PS3man, I think that this is more of a troll/flamebait than anything. I suggest a closing of the topic. I understand having doubts about the new system, but to basically ignore the Gamecube's game catalogue is just plain silly. To call the Gamecube "kiddie" is to ignore titles like Eternal Darkness, Geist, Resident Evil (remake, Zero and 4 at least). Let's not forget the multi-platform "non-kiddie" games, such as the Timesplitters series, Second Sight, Prince of Persia, Killer 7, Metal Gear etc... Likwise, to claim that the Gamecube lacks original titles, neglects to mention the likes of Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fantasy Chrystal Chrnoicals etc... And let's just recap on the focus on Nintendo's first party titles - How many AAA first party title games do Sony and Microsoft have? All of the system-seller titles come from third parties.

But then, all that would hurt one's digg at Nintendo...

Just cause Sony can't come up with a new controller, dosen't give you the right to bash on Nintendo's. Nintendo was going down the drain in home consoles, and they take a risk, yet Sony dosen't take a risk even when it has almost all the money in the world it could want.

... Never actually thought people would start flaming this much. The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly. They want to buy a PS3, fine, they backed it up with reason on why they don't want to buy nintendo. Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).

There's no reason for a flame war, as this person had minimal intentions of provoking one.

This thread started off well, and it pleased me with the level of maturity and intelligent discussion that came as a result of a possible flame baiting subject.

Lets not have this spiral into console bashing, lets keep this a well informed and mature thread please :)

I'm just wondering , but what will happen when graphics become so good you can no longer tell them from reality. That will be reeeeeaaaalllyy dangerous because people may just give up on real life and just play MMORGPs and survive on welfare.

BlightedArt said:
... Never actually thought people would start flaming this much. The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly. They want to buy a PS3, fine, they backed it up with reason on why they don't want to buy nintendo. Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).

There's no reason for a flame war, as this person had minimal intentions of provoking one.

Well, he was asking: why? and I think he was looking for something atleast close to that, I don't wanna start one by saying this. But like he came into a Nintendo Wii Forum...talking about how its textures look like that from the N64...

Sovieto said:
Well, he was asking: why? and I think he was looking for something atleast close to that, I don't wanna start one by saying this. But like he came into a Nintendo Wii Forum...talking about how its textures look like that from the N64...

Well yeah. That's true. We'd better stop before i0n comes back and lays the smackdown on us though. o_o

Oh yeah... forgot to add in my arguement that it's also the $500 versus $1,500 reason why I'm not getting PS3. :lol: (New Zealand currency)

Being like an N64 is never a bad thing in my book..

...that being said I have yet to see a Wii game that looks like an N64 game. Or even remotely close, really.

BlightedArt said:

Really, you don't think he's flamebaiting?
PS3man said:
Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.

How about factual inaccuracies to his "logic":
PS3man said:
My issue is they don't make any games.
PS3man said:
How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.
PS3man said:
But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system.
- I though he said he already own a Gamecube? Is this just innaccuracies in his tenses (i.e. Future tense when it should have been past tense)?
PS3man said:
Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it.
He doesn't account for the fact that they're polishing it all up, so that they don't have to recall anything because of bugs. Look at how many glitches a bugs that devalue a game, on non-Nintendo games in comparison.
PS3man said:
I dont see and improvement in the environments of the games, they look about the same as 64 games.
This is just wrong:
5.jpg
Resident%20Evil%20Zero-02.jpg

05.jpg
eternaldark_b1..jpg

dinoplanet_comparison.jpg

And these are just the ones that got ported over - so late in the N64's life, but very early in the Gamecube's life.

PS3man said:
They need to make me some original games like they used to and not be scared to bring out content that may or may not live up to whatever "standard" they feel they are keeping up with.
Personally, I feel as though Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion don't really fit into a gaming "genre". And those are just two of the earlier games.
PS3man said:
The GameCube sucked and anyone I know agrees.
This sounds bogus to me. Either he doesn't WANT to know anybody that likes the Gamecube or he doesn't know many people.
PS3man said:
I can name at least 100 people right now who would agree.
If the Gamecube was so unpopular, how come it was successful enough to spawn the Wii?
PS3man said:
I would play and beat all the worth while games and unlock all the content, I bet in two months at the latest.
"worth while"? 2 months? One of these claims are incorrect.
PS3man said:
And I think, nay I know, I have played more games then many if not everyone reviewing these forums.
This is downright insulting and very egotistical of him.

BlightedArt said:
The guy was just stating an opinion, and was, if at all, flaming very slightly.
Stating opinion? Opinions are usually based on things. He just made things up to have an excuse for his "opinions".
BlightedArt said:
Only his reason, he's not saying to us that we shouldn't buy our nintendo, but asking why we are (it's not REALLY in a derogatory manner either).
He doesn't ask really. He starts by saying he's "concerned" as to why people would buy the Wii and then starts spouting off at how "bad" Nintendo is.
PS3man said:
Fan boys aside, how can you trust them.

Hey, at least when I say something, I give sources/evidence, facts and I don't do it in a place that deliberately offends MOST of the forumites (Hello, Nintendo fansite?).

Sorry if this seem long winded, but I just wanted to express MY opinion.

Last edited:
Well yes... but by flaming I'm meaning the more "traditional" "LOL U R TEH_GEY NINTENDO FANBOYZ!11!!1"

I suppose he was flamebaiting. ^^; Even so I still find he's putting up a decent arguement, albiet a misguided one.

u no i was w8ing 4 the day a sony fan boy comes throu here and ask some stupid question:wtf:

OMG NO WAY! i think i heard that RE0 was heading for N64 but then was delayed and moved to GC, is that a screenshot from it? Becuase thats not from any N64 RE, which only has RE2.

lmao i just read that thoes were ported ones. i was gonna say they have pretty nice graphics anyways, so i guess they were late-era games. and i was thinking: what is that knight game, and What star fox for 64 had where your on the ground like that?

man i would have loved to see crappy graphic RE0, then i would be able to beat it finaly becuase im to scared. RE0..cant beat..get to scared..well really it just got gay. RE1...to scary, cant beat, RE2...no improved graphics, beat it, RE3...no improved graphics, beat it, RE4...theres only 1 scary part in the whole game and its nothing like other Resident Evils. so thats the only exception

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
OMG NO WAY! i think i heard that RE0 was heading for N64 but then was delayed and moved to GC, is that a screenshot from it? Becuase thats not from any N64 RE, which only has RE2.
Yep. Resident Evil Zero was originally destined for the N64.
Interestingly:
wikipedia said:
Edward Dewey was originally scripted to lose his hand to a zombie dog before his death (which would later turn out to be the same hand found by Joseph Frost in the original game).

Source
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XVMANf0FYg[/MEDIA]
Another nugget on a similar subject, Goldeneye was originally going to be on the SNES as an "on-Rails-Shooter"

wikipedia said:
GoldenEye 007 actually started out as a Super Nintendo Entertainment System game before being stepped up to the Nintendo 64.[1]

The development team working on GoldenEye 007 was very inexperienced; for all but two of them, it was their first game. As David Doak explained:

"Looking back, there are things I'd be wary of attempting now, but as none of the people working on the code, graphics and game design had worked on a game before, there was this joyful naïvety."[2]
Doak went on to say that:

"We were like a mini-company inside Rare making an atypical game that no-one really thought was going to be any good. The general feeling was we were a bunch of students wasting time. And then when it went into testing there was this very good feedback, initially from testers in-house but also from Nintendo. People were putting in voluntary overtime to test this game."[2]
GoldenEye 007 was originally intended to be an on-rails shooter similar to Virtua Cop, only becoming a first-person shooter later in development. It is based upon the GoldenEye film and its novelization by John Gardner, but, as game designer Martin Hollis explained, many of the missions were extended or modified to allow the player to participate in sequences of which Bond was not originally a part, or those in which he only played a minor role.[3]

Source

Last edited:
why would I recommend someone buy the Wii, because they are not a mindless zombie having the corporations tell them this is what you want because the numbers are so high, I'm really sick of you queer little PS3 fagboys trying to knock the Wii, just stay off this forum I don't visit any PS3 forums, why I don't like the PS3, its trash but I don't care what other people want, and yes I do have a PS3 and a Sony clie pda so I'm not against Sony but lately they have made complete suck including the PS3 and bluray.

Back