Why????

PS3man said:
Hello everyone,

I am concerned as to why anyone would like to purchase this Wii console. I used to love Nintendo, but they have dissapointed bad. Fan boys aside, how can you trust them. I have had every Nintendo console made. I used to love my NES, SNES, and the N64 was okay. Gameboy advance wasn't bad either. But I went and got a Gamecube. I had a couple games and bought a couple more. I have also owned a Xbox and PS2. Now here is what I am getting at... I take my sorry tired self up to the store and I go look for games or a liesurely walk through Wal-mart or something. I am disgusted to find a couple multi console games that I would never play and the 4 games I already own.

Nintendo makes horrid low content games, when they make games.

My issue is they don't make any games. I think I could go to programming school and make a game in the time these guys descide they want to make a confined Mario game that doesn't look much better then the 64 version, or take 3 years to make a shallow Mario Kart game with a mirrored mode. How many non-multi console games did you actually enjoy and buy when you had your Game Cube? What all of 5 of them.

I expect that Nintendo will depend more on their old games, and whether or not they expect you to pay for their old content and if you have to pay for the service to connect to that old content, I don't know. But I want original titles and I do like 3 of Game Cubes games, but that doesn't warrent me buying their system. Wait Capcom is smart and descided it would make different versions of Resident Evil to help Nintendo out. Bleh.

What I did with my PS2 was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!
What I did with my XBox was give it to someone who could use it. They enjoy it today!

You know what I did with my Gamecube? I hid it behind the TV and it is collecting dust because noone wanted it.

I buy consoles to play video games, not to look at the console and look at my worthless trade-in games because they been valued for three years because Nintendo sold 2 million copies of it, because it was the only game to come out that everyone bought that year.

Any way, all I am asking is that you think about the quality and amount of games that have came out for recent Nintendo systems and the third party support. Waiting every 5 years to play a Zelda game isn't worth it. Watch they will make one and start making the next, and it won't be out until the next Nintendo console.

Let me ask you why you think PS3 is better than Wii. What's so good about it?

Okay, lets see...hmm...there's...graphics.....hmm...nope, can't think of anything else.

Games...hmm...the only games I think are actually good are...hmm...jak and daxter...Ratchet and Clank......Gran Turismo...nope, none more.

What's so good about it? Sony has NO creativity, only some games are good. All they have is rated M games that are no fun. And it shows that they have no creativity since they copied the freakin' Wii controller.

Instead of asking us why we'd rather play the Wii, we ask you why you'd rather play the PS3!

Man, if you think Nintendo has no games, you are slow. Let's see: COUNTLESS mario games: Super Strikers(sp?), Super Mario, Super mario galaxy, mario golf, mario tennis, mario soccer if I haven't said it, Mario party, mario kart...there's much more.

Some other GREAT games: Super Smash Bros., Metriod Prime, Pokemon(although I don't like it), Excite Truck, etc.

And last but not least, Zelda. Zelda: OoT was the best game ever, and it still is today.

And no, we wait at most 3 years for a new Zelda. This one, TP, will defenitely even overtake OoT. So shut the hell up about "5 years and it sawks."

And then the controller. PS3 controller is useless, it copied Nintendo and you know it. Nintendo controller makes people active; playing tennis? Swing your arm like a racket. Playing a FPS? Aim and shoot. Playing a FPSword game? Swing your arm. Revolutionary, much?

i have 2 admit that the GC was a dissapointment even though it had some awesome games.. and even though i was dissapointed by the game cube and i thought that nintendo was going down, i saw some previews for the wii and it looks really awesome, like Alot better than the GC...

Kunu said:
And then the controller. PS3 controller is useless, it copied Nintendo and you know it. QUOTE]
Really that's an argument in in its self, if Sony is as good as it supposed to be, why does is it need to copy? Because no one liked the 'boomerang' and they couldn't think of anything else??

Side note: I wasn't that imperssed with the gamecube either, enjoyable but not as good as the N64.

Thanks Blight, im down with everyones opinion and I wasn't really trying to flame. I guess my main thing was I expected so much from the Gamecube.. which apparently wasn't for me. I think I bunt through their games too fast. I love adventure and roleplaying games and I think the who industry is putting too much effort into other genres. Gwaaaa man I want to play SNES now! I could use some old school Mario kart, Zelda, and Super Mario. Thanks for your comments and I just hurried and picked the name PS3man. I think I should also start a fund for that, if that is what I require. Anyone know any good loan companies? Also, the controller is a good idea. If I ever get one of these I think I will play with my feet. Bah old content should be free, Nintendo buy stock in SD cards! Then they could pay for the severs! Also wouldn't it be sweet if they put like cell phone batteries in the controllers so you could charge them or some kind of charging system. What if other companies descide to make controllers for Xbox 360 and PS3 the same way? I am sure there is a way around copywrite infringement. Thanks for repling to my post and ya'll have made me more interested in Wii... I got somewhat smarter as I got older... Unless your a junkie, buy like one game and then use a game rental service like gamefly. I remember one year I spent like 5k on games and gamefly would have been better. How many games can you really enjoy at once? Two is enough for me. I will run em to the ground send one back at a time and watch the mail box, until I am back at two. I used to be a collector of games and movies and the like, but I found that when I am done I can give to others and they will enjoy. Especially those that don't have as much. Charity is better then all this Jargon. Give to your little Nintendoites, with approval from your parents of course! Also, I can't seem to want an Xbox 360, I think wanting is better then having, and niether Wii or PS3 is out yet, so I am wanting and craving the unknown. Ya'll have a great day and thank you for all the responses.

Squall7 said:
Really, you don't think he's flamebaiting?

How about factual inaccuracies to his "logic":

- I though he said he already own a Gamecube? Is this just innaccuracies in his tenses (i.e. Future tense when it should have been past tense)?

He doesn't account for the fact that they're polishing it all up, so that they don't have to recall anything because of bugs. Look at how many glitches a bugs that devalue a game, on non-Nintendo games in comparison.

This is just wrong:
5.jpg
Resident%20Evil%20Zero-02.jpg

05.jpg
eternaldark_b1..jpg

dinoplanet_comparison.jpg

And these are just the ones that got ported over - so late in the N64's life, but very early in the Gamecube's life.

Personally, I feel as though Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion don't really fit into a gaming "genre". And those are just two of the earlier games.

This sounds bogus to me. Either he doesn't WANT to know anybody that likes the Gamecube or he doesn't know many people.

If the Gamecube was so unpopular, how come it was successful enough to spawn the Wii?

"worth while"? 2 months? One of these claims are incorrect.

This is downright insulting and very egotistical of him.

Stating opinion? Opinions are usually based on things. He just made things up to have an excuse for his "opinions".

He doesn't ask really. He starts by saying he's "concerned" as to why people would buy the Wii and then starts spouting off at how "bad" Nintendo is.

Hey, at least when I say something, I give sources/evidence, facts and I don't do it in a place that deliberately offends MOST of the forumites (Hello, Nintendo fansite?).

Sorry if this seem long winded, but I just wanted to express MY opinion.

I love it when you do that xD

I understand that we all enjoy differant types of games and that is mainly why we have a problem between sony fans and nintendo fans. I also believe a lot of people think some on nintendo's games are 'childish' but when you say

"My issue is they don't make any games"

I think you're dead wrong. :yikes:

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: double Dash
F-Zero GX
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Harvest Moon: a wonderful life
Mario power Tennis
Paper Mario: the thousand-year door
Wave race: blue storm.
Battalion Wars
Viewtiful Joe.
Wario Ware: mega party games
1080 avalanche
Animal Crossing
Donkey Konga
Luigis Mansion
Super Monkey Ball
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Viewtiful Joe 2
Wario World
Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness
Mario Golf: toadstool tour
Super Monkey ball 2

I understand not all of these may be made directly by nintendo, but i think all of the ones mentioned above are only available on the gamecube. They have all sold reasonably well and are, if not brilliant, well worth the £10 you can probably find them for in a second hand shop...

Just my opinion.

I used to dislike Nintendo very much, only on the basis that I didn't like many of the Mario games (just the very old ones!). And that I didn't like the idea that all of the 'Hugely Anticipated' game series were Mario, Zelda and Metroid. I was a huge PS2 fanboy but now i've seen the PS3 and am sorely disappointed. It appears that they just gave up, spruced up the graphics (a lot I admit) and slapped a price tag on it which would make a rich man's wallet frown. And afraid that their idea to revert back to the PS2's joypad would be badly recieved, attempted to (and failed) to steal some of Wii's thunder by making the PS3 pad understand whether you are tilting the joypad or moving it, which seems pointless as it can only be used for a miniscule fraction of thing which the Wii's can.

Wii attracted me (Not because of the name, lol) because of the unbelievably low price tag (for US anyway, it's about $100 more in England :( ), the capabilities and interactivity of the Wii-mote and the originality of the games coming out. Even the new Zelda looks good which I never would have previously said (partially on account of his silly hat).

It's great that we're seeing a host of exiting new franchises beginning, such as (what i'm most looking forward to) Disaster: Day of Crisis and others such as Project H.A.M.M.E.R and Red Steel.

To ps3man
if you dont like something dont rasnt on about it just

Sovieto said:
OMG NO WAY! i think i heard that RE0 was heading for N64 but then was delayed and moved to GC, is that a screenshot from it? Becuase thats not from any N64 RE, which only has RE2.

lmao i just read that thoes were ported ones. i was gonna say they have pretty nice graphics anyways, so i guess they were late-era games. and i was thinking: what is that knight game
I believe that is Eternal Darkness right? I love that game :)

I bought most of the games in the list Chessaholic and was looking for more. I like how the games cost less now, but I bought most of them new when they came out and at around 50 bucks, and there were huge gaps in time when they came out. I found myself playing yuckie games like spiderman 2 and stuff like that to fill the void. 14 bucks at blockbuster heh heh. What I am trying to say is that about 1/3 of the list Chess made is about all the games I cared to play that was made for the gamecube, and from 2001 to 2006 it seemed I had to wait until the holdiday season for them to release a good game. I remember every store having crystal cronicles forever and that was all there really all there was for a long time. Finally paper door came out and then Metroid prime 2. Hind site, I didnt look any dates up. I am worried and unconvinced that if I were to purchase the Wii then the games would still be limited. LOL and the graphics still look about the same to me Squall7 and Sasuke747. Same washed and pulled polygons and textures, that the 64 had. It seems to me like the games environments and characters were made really small and then zoomed in on. I see Jill there or whatever her name is, but isn't the back ground for your Resident Evil rendered? No need to flame, I did come on here in anger, but not at anyone. I just felt hosed and everywhere I shopped day to day, I had no titles and few titles to buy for the gamecube and I can't help but feel that will happen again for the Wii. Zelda does look neat, but I am a Gamaholic... If I beat that then Mario and a couple more in two months, then I download some old school stuff, (or to save cash... EMULATOR BOMB) will I be stuck playing mini games over and over in Mario party? Or will they come through? The price point is perfect for the Wii. Cudos to Nintendo on that, but I don't want to waste the money that I would have spent ontop of that on titles I don't really want. One more stab at it. Have you ever been up to say Wal-mart and peeked at the Nintendo section from N64 times on, shoot even Ebgames or gamecrazy, whatever store, and compared it to the other game sections? After I gave my PS2 away, I had a little backlash.. I still had my Gamecube and was bored and was thinking to myself, today is a good day to give Mario his dues, so I went shopping and I stood between the PS2 section and the Gamecube section. I was like wow, Paper Mario is now $43.99... thats some good savings and I looked around and was humm. Noper, noper, nopers, have it, have it , have it, don't want it, dont want it, Bill Cosby likes pokemon, don't want those 8 different cross platform sports games, and there was nearly nothing that i havent played or totally stunk in my opionion. And that was all the stores I have been to. I don't read Nintendo power, so I wasnt too excited at what might be coming out, I was actually looking at what was out. Noone here ever had that problem? No on to my grief... I looked next at the PS2 case, I left it behind, but there was a wonderful amount of games to choose from. They were not all adventure games or role playing games, but they looked like nice, high content games. Bottom line that is my experiance, and It has been that way for me since N64 and the end of SNES. I want Nintendo to prove me wrong. Oh yeah, after that I went home and played lots of fun computer games. I would stick with computer games, but I am ready to find some buds to come over and chill in front of the tube. Besides all the stuff I typed did anyone ever have a problem with the lack of games?

Well Wii won't fail, not with all its support. And even if it does, its still a wise investment because do you STLL want to aim at Nazis with a analog stick? If you do, fine, fine. But haven't you ever wanted to get a Nazi in your crosshairs, with you acutaly aiming?

Yes I would like to make them commie skum bags pay, if it takes my some fancy hand work then sure thing.

I am sure the Wii wont fail, like dude said parents need to spoil them with a game system that is parent apporved. I at least think all the consoles this time around will be better then previous releases. I wish Sega made it, to me the dreamcast had the best controller made up to this point and the games were very fluid and fun. Thier creation of console onlining was good too. I forgot what I did with my dreamcast.... anyone seen it?

PS3man said:
LOL and the graphics still look about the same to me Squall7 and Sasuke747. Same washed and pulled polygons and textures, that the 64 had.
So what you're basically saying is that because they still use a system of polygons and texture mappings, that they're on the same level? What about the SNES compared to the NES? Heck, what about the PlayStation compared to the PS2? If you really want, I can show you exactly where some of the improvements are and the effects it has on the general outlook.

It seems to me like the games environments and characters were made really small and then zoomed in on.
So you mean more detailed? Ye, if you bothered to look closely, you'd be able to tell (better on actual footage rather than pics) that the Gamecube has got significantly more polygons to it. Look at Smash Bros versus Melee.

I see Jill there or whatever her name is, but isn't the back ground for your Resident Evil rendered?
You mean like FMV rendered? Nope. Ye mean like animated picture? Ye, that's the way Resident Evil has worked throughout the main series (up until Resident Evil 4). look at the lighting effects though. What about the character animations? How about the fact that the cutscenes (not to be confused with FMVs) are a hell of a lot better? (not that far off proper FMV standards). Heck, the pre-rendering was done on Final Fantasy VII and VIII. I can tell by your lack of knowledge of Resident Evil Zero that you HAVEN'T played every "worthy" game on the Gamecube.

No need to flame, I did come on here in anger, but not at anyone.
Put the blame where it's due then - on the retailers, not on Nintendo. They make extremely good quality games. All developers take their time to make really good games, and that's the reason why many games gets delayed. Look at PS2 games in comparison. They're sometimes multi-format, and some of the graphics look bad (along with ever-present bugs and glitches). Look at Summoner for example. Heck, look at Primal.

I just felt hosed and everywhere I shopped day to day, I had no titles and few titles to buy for the gamecube and I can't help but feel that will happen again for the Wii.
With the way the PS3 is being dealt with atm, there's not much worry about the Wii failing.

Zelda does look neat, but I am a Gamaholic... If I beat that then Mario and a couple more in two months, then I download some old school stuff, (or to save cash... EMULATOR BOMB) will I be stuck playing mini games over and over in Mario party?
Like you're gonna beat a game (and an other games) within two months, unlocking everything. I'd love to see someone try and unlock EVERYTHING in Smash Bros Melee within two months. Seriously, all event matches/Characters/levels and trophies. Geez, sounds as plausable as Santa!

The price point is perfect for the Wii. Cudos to Nintendo on that, but I don't want to waste the money that I would have spent ontop of that on titles I don't really want.
If you don't want them, why buy them? You've said yourself that you rent games before buying.

Have you ever been up to say Wal-mart and peeked at the Nintendo section from N64 times on, shoot even Ebgames or gamecrazy, whatever store, and compared it to the other game sections?
I know there are more games on the PS2/PSX, but the fact of the matter is that half to most of those games don't interest me (and a lot of other people) in the slightest. Let's face it, Sony aren't known for their innovative titles. They're known for their amount of titles. Nintendo? They're known for quality. I get more desire to go back to Nintendo games than I do Sony games.

I looked next at the PS2 case, I left it behind, but there was a wonderful amount of games to choose from.
And yet there's not a wonderful amount of GOOD games out there for the PS2. I get wanting a good amount of games. What I don't get is you coming to a Nintendo forums claiming that Nintendo isn't producing enough "Quality" games. Look at the PS3 line up. The so called "must haves" are Metal Gear 4, Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. Now look at Nintendo's range - Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wii sports, Disaster Day of Crisis, Red Steel, Wario Ware and the list goes on. The point is, is that PS2 has many games. But it's reliant on a few "system Sellers". Gamecube at least had quite a range of titles, especially from first parties.

They were not all adventure games or role playing games, but they looked like nice, high content games.
Oh, so Nintendo don't produce High content but PS2 titles do? I'd love to know which titles you're refering to!

I want Nintendo to prove me wrong.
Ha. Like Nintendo would read this bit and say "We'll show him!". (Heck, I'll give it a try) I'd love for Sony to prove me wrong that they aren't just out to rob me of my money and infiltrate Blu-ray into my home. *waits for a minute before a tumbleweed rolls past*.

Besides all the stuff I typed did anyone ever have a problem with the lack of games?
Not really considering most people don't have enough money to go constantly spending it on the newest game as soon as it comes out. I love playing games, but I also have to eat! :prrr:

EDIT:
PS3man said:
Yes I would like to make them commie skum bags pay, if it takes my some fancy hand work then sure thing.
Spoken like the stereotypical American. What have the "commies" done to you personally? As bad as religion...

I am sure the Wii wont fail, like dude said parents need to spoil them with a game system that is parent apporved. I at least think all the consoles this time around will be better then previous releases. I wish Sega made it, to me the dreamcast had the best controller made up to this point and the games were very fluid and fun. Thier creation of console onlining was good too. I forgot what I did with my dreamcast.... anyone seen it?
wikipedia said:
Parental controls
Wii will feature parental controls, prohibiting younger users from playing games with content unsuitable for their age level. When a disc is inserted, it will read the content rating encoded on the game discs; if this rating is greater than the system's set age level, the game will not load without a correct override password.

It is confirmed that the European units will use the PEGI rating system,[29] whereas North American units will use the ESRB rating system.[30] While Nintendo has stated that parental control will be included in all Wii consoles worldwide, it has not yet clarified whether that means Wii will support the native rating systems of other territories, such as that of CERO in Japan, the USK in Germany, the BBFC in the United Kingdom (although most video games in the United Kingdom do carry a PEGI rating), or the OFLC in Australia.
Source. Parents certainly will love the Wii, because even they can play it and they'll have control of what the kiddies can and cannot play.

Last edited:
PS3man said:
I bought most of the games in the list Chessaholic and was looking for more.

Ok then I thought you said you Had "4 Games"

The legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Kart: double Dash
F-Zero GX
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
Harvest Moon: a wonderful life
Mario power Tennis