Why?

Fisterke

WiiChat Member
Feb 25, 2008
Can someone give me an explanation why games like Call of Duty 4, Blazing Angels 2,Assassin's Creed, ... (and a lot more) won't come out on wii? Only on PS3, PC and Xbox360 sometimes even on DS but not on Wii.

ya i wondered this as well. Nintendo DS has assassin's creed, even some good sonic games and megaman games. Oh well hopefully in time they will come to the Wii.

T3kNi9e said:
Hmmm, maybe because Wii's hardware can't handle it?

Yeah, thats pretty much why actually. Not so much in the visuals department, because the game can be toned down quite a bit. It has to do with all the AI and physics in games like Assassins Creed and Call Of Duty 4, which the Wii can not handle well.

We are most likely to see spin-offs or different games like the Creed version on DS, the supposed Prequel. We won't ever see the actual stuff on Wii.

Yeah, some people think its just visuals and all they have to do is make the graphics "worse" and it should play the same way, but things aren't so simple.

I don't buy that the system can't handle it.

There were games on the PS, GameCube and the original Xbox that have similarities to some of the newer games on on 360 and PS3. so I'm sure the developers could do similar games to the ones you've mentioned for the Wii.

They'd sell loads too.

Hell I feel like all the developers are not making the games because they feel like they are limited to using the wiimote. I don't see why they can't say "Hey it is kind of hard making the controls of the wiimote, but can't we use the classic controller to our advantage?"

Some of it also has to do with either Nintendo not supporting the development of such games in favor of more 'family-friendly' games, and the games potentially not selling well because the majority of Wii owners are poorly informed 'casual' gamers that buy Carnival Games or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and think it's the best thing evar. The Wii has decent hardware capacity; no current game has really pushed its abilities at all.

AutumnWind said:
Some of it also has to do with either Nintendo not supporting the development of such games in favor of more 'family-friendly' games, and the games potentially not selling well because the majority of Wii owners are poorly informed 'casual' gamers that buy Carnival Games or Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and think it's the best thing evar. The Wii has decent hardware capacity; no current game has really pushed its abilities at all.

I think that is a lot of horse crap. I mean there are some pretty graphic games out there for the Wii. I don't know why Nintendo would be like "No we don't want your game that might turn out to be amazing." It is the developers that are scared to commit to something family fun oriented and the fact that they feel limited to using wiimotes. I know this for fact that anyone who has played CoD4 on any platform would be more than likely to commit themselves to dropping the wiimote for a actual controller.

Last edited:
Developers need to take note of the good games that are on the Wii now and give us more of the same/something new of the same quality.

Laziness? why focus time on making a game for an unconventional console when you can just make two ports almost identical to another for cheaper?

That probably is a big reason. They should take note of sales of the Wii though and see that theres money to be made by producing games for it.

Some say it's the Wii's hardware that can't handle those games, but I say it's the games that can't handle the Wii's Super Turbo Awesomeness!™

CocoSSBB said:
Probably because of visuals, if anything.

No thats not the issue at all.

A Ps3/360 games visuals could be toned down greatly for a Wii version. Plus you have seen some of the third party offerings and their bad graphics, companies have no problem as of now producing junk on the Wii. So visuals is not the case here, its more to do with the Power that you get with 360/Ps3.

Back