Wi-Fi adapter help

fender13

MY WII IS HUGE!!!
Dec 6, 2006
Your Face!!
Wii Online Code
7859-3079-5455-6670
I was going to by a Wi-fi adapter but i have wireless internet, but it still doesent work. It is near a computer on the 2nd floor, but the router is in my basement. It doesent have enough strength to make it down stairs. If i got a wi-fi adapter for my computer up stairs with wireless internet, do you think it will work? I get an error code like 50230, or something like that.

Thanks.

Wi-Fi Adaptor

So. If you're going trough a router, best bet unfortunately is to disable the firewall. You'll get lots of errors until you do that. The Nintendo techs said a 5-digit error code usually means the Wii can't recieve data from the wireless device.

If you want a good strong reliable signal (since you said your router's in the basement), I'd just go get the adapter. I did that, and after a few minutes of tinkering with the software I got the Wii to connect everytime NP.

When you go to search for a signal it'll display the adapter and the router. select the adapter and connect.

any last thpughts before i buy this, on the weekend? I dont want to buy something and it wont work. I guess i can always return it.
thanks

fender13 said:
any last thpughts before i buy this, on the weekend? I dont want to buy something and it wont work. I guess i can always return it.
thanks
Umm... Well. The setup for the Wi-Fi adapter can be a little tricky sometimes. Every once in a while I have to reboot my computer because the Wi-Fi adapter just plain loses signal. Other than that. Have fun online gaming.

Hey, thanks i just got it today and it works. But when it was updating my blue light didnt go on.

Back