Wi-Fi Atmosphere

ScottAspen

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2008
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Of course that title doesnt mean much to you, so you had to see what this thread was actually about :D.

What exactly do you think Wi-Fi will be like (skill level wise)...

Will it be flooded with noobs forever, with a select few decent/good/pro players? Or will it immediately fill up with hopelessly dominating pros? By the way people talk on this forum, it seems like everyone feels like they will dominate... I know I wont... I will be decent, maybe good, but definately beatable...

If there is no ranking system, how will we find opponents that match up well to us?

My appologies if these are redundant or obvious questions with answers elsewhere...

Cheers!

I Hope You Can See How many Games They've Won/Lost So You Can At Lease Slightly Guage how Good They Are...

*looks at someone's stats*

[Won:9 Lost:185]

Heeheehee...

That would be handy, although it might make the whole online experience a bit less relaxing and enjoyable, and maybe too competative? It all depends on the level of competitiveness your looking for I guess...

I expect it to be flooded with casual gamers that have played it before on GC. They will go on believing that they are really good cause they have never played in tourneys...then reality will itch slap them across the face with a sword. There will be pros and decent players, heck i intended to go 2 days straight w/o much of a break haha.

(I wouldn't consider me to be unbeatable, but every small and medium tourney i found myself battling it out for 1st place.I was pretty good at MOHH2, i played it like 5 hours straight and i peaked at 21st in the world)

Last edited by a moderator:
21st in the world, that's really impressive
and also what's wrong with that if you're a casual gamer.

from what i can tell, if my friends STILL stay up half the night w/ melee, you can expect plenty of progressing noobs along with longtime pros swarming wifi like mad! I'm not a noob to the whole feel of ssb, but i'm sure most of you will be able to beat me.

Well see the great thing about brawl, Is that EVERYONE knows about brawl, Even new people, Like the people who didn't even know what melee was- And the great thing is- Since Brawl is so popular there will be a good amount of noobs and pros So it'll make everything a bit equal-

I just dont want to end up getting stomped so badly that I end up staying offline... If I come across a player who is noticably worse then me, I would definately ease up a bit just to give them a good run... (still claiming victory of course).

I rarely played melee... there was a time when I was decent, cause I played at my friends place alot, but the N64 one was my comfort zone.

ScottAspen said:
I just dont want to end up getting stomped so badly that I end up staying offline... If I come across a player who is noticably worse then me, I would definately ease up a bit just to give them a good run... (still claiming victory of course).

I rarely played melee... there was a time when I was decent, cause I played at my friends place alot, but the N64 one was my comfort zone.
Well that's the great thing about playing against pros, You can learn from them and try and do better, next time you go up against a pro, You gotta keep on striving to get better and eventually you will-

ScottAspen said:

I'll probably avoid the 'With Anyone' option and stick with the 'With Friends' option since I'd rather play with my friends than people I don't know. I'll only play 'With Anyone' when none of my friends are around.

Glad there are no World Rankings though so people won't be obsessing over the game.

Anybody can be beaten at any time. For example, say that the smash ball keep showing up by the same player. They'd have an advantage...thats what items do, they can even the playing field if used correctly.

i think that anyone can win, there r lots of different characters, players, play styles, items, stages, and luck that can all influence in matches. Thats whats good about smash bros, anyone can win here and then, some more than others. And i gotta say i consider myself really good and 4 example i most of the time beat my lil brother and my friends but sometimes i loose not cause they r better or cause of their skill, but because i mistakenly got in a land mine or there just happen 2 be a poke ball right next 2 my friend and a really good pokemon or a legendary one comes out and i loose etc...

Last edited:
i think there will be mostly beginners because not many ppl had a gamecube and people mainly got a wii because it looked sweet

These are ways I never looked at the online experience before... The defeated learn the most they say... or... something...

This is a bit of a side-question for this thread I guess, but Is there the potential to have more then one person playing on a console while online with others? My logic tells me NO, but my heart tells me... maybe?

In a Beginner:Casual:Advanced player ratio, I would say 9:11:4. I honestly can't wait for SSBB's online, it should be amazing.

Back