WI FI Max

Not really, WiFi Max is a shitty router. You should of gone with Linkysys or DLink.

Well i have the nintendo ds one but thats all ive had is trouble.

Is the wifi max better than the nintendo ds one?

hot_chili said:
Well i have the nintendo ds one but thats all ive had is trouble.

Is the wifi max better than the nintendo ds one?

Anything is better than the Nintendo DS one. Honestly, you've paid around 40 dollars for the WiFi Max correct? For 10 dollars more, you could of had a more classy router with better range and 6 times the amount of speed.

i paid £18 fot the Wi fi max.

i thought it was a bargain

hot_chili said:
i paid £18 fot the Wi fi max.

i thought it was a bargain

I'm not sure how that compares to USD, but pretty much you bought another shitty router....

when you say the Wi fi max is not good, in what way, i dont need longer range and speed isnt really a problem, it loads pretty fast with my nintendo one.

What else is wrong with it?

i got the wifimax for my psp a while back...

First off WifiMax best used if you have a pc that is fully wired and you have no wireless connection. If thats you then you should be fine. Otherwise...

I had a wireless connection that i was trying to configure with the wifimax to run as a repeater (modem wired to wireless router to pc, wireless to laptop w wifi max). Wifimax ended up having to be given an IP by windows... windows starts assigning IPs using a .1 after your original IP and it cant be changed without manually changing the windows register. So yea my wireless router had the same IP that windows was trying to give my Wifimax, thats a no no, so I had to return it.

Best advice (all wired or wired with wireless) if you are ok with manually setting up a network and programming IP addresses on your own, then go with the WifiMax. If IP addresses, setting up a pc to share a net connection, and maybe registry editing scare you then your best bet is to just get a basic wireless router, it'll save you bout 3 hours of time and an even longer headache. Wireless routers are easiest, most are just plug n paly if you dont want to set up any security.

best of luck

PS you get what you pay for when it comes to your network so if you want something easy and works good $50 (38 euro or whatev u use) shouldnt be what keeps you from it

Last edited:
GOT it get it "good" works awesome with wii.... i have it... bought it off ebay. just when u install it install the Nintendo ds version it works better than the psp!

i have this for my psp/wii, and it works pretty good, but i got the one for the psp with the media manager and i had to delete the media manager sowtware because it wasnt sensing the dongle, i was going to reload it but before i did i noticed my copmuter sensed a hotspot even without the software so i just use itlike that, the directions are a little bit misleading and confusing.

ps- when i did have the software on my comp i could connect but only sometimes and if i disconnected i had to turn my comp off then on to connect again

well im picking up a Local WiFi access spot and my wii will not connect to it, people tell me that the wii will onlly look for a access point on channel 1, the the local is on channel 6, would getting the WiFi Max be a good idea?

i think there is a Wii/DS WiFi Max. Mayb i dont know what the WiFi Max is, is it wireless......

Back