WI FI Max

I had the wifi max (psp version, although it comes with both psp and ds setup) and after some trouble getting it to work, it worked pretty fine with my psp, ds, wii and even my wifi enabled phone. Although now I use a linksys router (needed more range).

Jamie @ jaygames.co.nr said:
Ah a good question i need the awnser of will it work with wii cause i got one for ds and tryin to get it to work with wii.

Well mine did :cornut:

if you buy a nintendo version... it will work with both... i bought a plain old DS wifi usb for my friends Wii so we can hook up online 39.99 at target... it says DS on the box but will support any wifi nintendo gadget they come out with...

the wifi max they have like 2 or 3 different ones
1. Wii/DS lite
2. PSP/DS
3. Universal

from what i saw so far... the nintendos all seem to run off channel 1 so far only tested the Wii/DS lite, ill have to grab my brothers DS to see if it works for that as well

but really unless you have a hardwired computer "like i do" you dont need this, a home wireless system will be more than enough to support any wireless gaming system... you just have to figure out how to set it up..

for all you hardwired people its pretty simple just plug and play the wifimax had better range but didnt send signal anyfaster then the nintendo "buffalo brand" usb wifi they are the same price but the wifi max brand is capable of more than just playing nintendo systems you can run laptops,stereos etc. off the wifi max one even if it isnt super fast its an added bonus just a little more to setup intially..

one more thing about the nintendo that sucks there wifi usb only only works with XP and they apparently are working on vista but doesnt work yet... so unless you have XP, love nintendo more then your mother, and have no home wireless network already setup

go with the wifi max same price as nintendo works on more OS and does more things

is it a regualr DS or DS lite? im using the nintendo version right now testing it out just as fast but way easier to use it just poped on and i selected all the nintendo devices in the house i wanted to use the wii is about 75 feet away but after that i notice signal drop my wifimax didnt drop out untill about 120 feet... if you have a wifi max and its the psp/ds one.. i suggest looking online for the software for the wii/dslite one im almost posative its the same adapter just packaged with different software...

wezeles said:
is it a regualr DS or DS lite? im using the nintendo version right now testing it out just as fast but way easier to use it just poped on and i selected all the nintendo devices in the house i wanted to use the wii is about 75 feet away but after that i notice signal drop my wifimax didnt drop out untill about 120 feet... if you have a wifi max and its the psp/ds one.. i suggest looking online for the software for the wii/dslite one im almost posative its the same adapter just packaged with different software...

You pretty true about the software may just been with the same wifi max usb adapter i will start searching NOW!
:yesnod:

Ermm help someone. Well i can't find the software for wii anywhere on tinternet! It is all buy Wifi Max this Buy Wifi Max that could anyone help to find the software downloadble and FREE?:cryin:

I never needed to intall any other software (only the psp software on the disc it came with). Can your wii even detect it?

each wifimax comes with software to run gaming systems... the gaming system isnt like a computer it isnt just going to recognize any signal thats open.. it has to be a specific signal... the wifimax though also will connect to laptops and other wifi enabled devices besides the gaming systems that its made for... so this means its open on all channels...

the nintendo wifi usb is desinged to only run nintendo wifi devices so its not searching for anything else...im sure you could hack it to change that but its not made for it..

all you really need to do is go to best buy and pick up the Dslite/Wii wifimax... install that software and take it back to the store when your done.. that will add a few more gaming systems that the wifimax is able to pick up... im almost certain this will work just because the wifi max is able to run other things besides gaming systems which means its not hardwired on one channel... Wii/DSlite run on channel 1 were the PSP/DS seem to run off 3

so just try that or search limewire or some kinda p2p network for the other wifimax software to run it... its probably the exact same usb adapter just packaged with seperate software.. the only thing that might happen is you might get software interfearance when it trys to run so you might not be able to run both at the same time just close one program and open the other... hope that helps

wezeles said:
each wifimax comes with software to run gaming systems... the gaming system isnt like a computer it isnt just going to recognize any signal thats open.. it has to be a specific signal... the wifimax though also will connect to laptops and other wifi enabled devices besides the gaming systems that its made for... so this means its open on all channels...

the nintendo wifi usb is desinged to only run nintendo wifi devices so its not searching for anything else...im sure you could hack it to change that but its not made for it..

all you really need to do is go to best buy and pick up the Dslite/Wii wifimax... install that software and take it back to the store when your done.. that will add a few more gaming systems that the wifimax is able to pick up... im almost certain this will work just because the wifi max is able to run other things besides gaming systems which means its not hardwired on one channel... Wii/DSlite run on channel 1 were the PSP/DS seem to run off 3

so just try that or search limewire or some kinda p2p network for the other wifimax software to run it... its probably the exact same usb adapter just packaged with seperate software.. the only thing that might happen is you might get software interfearance when it trys to run so you might not be able to run both at the same time just close one program and open the other... hope that helps

Thanks for your help but i have look everywhere for the software and if i buy it i will just come with another usb adapter all i'm looking for is someone who can kindly post a link leading to and exe file which the wii/dslite setup. I know no one will do it but please!

Back