Wi-Fi USB connecting problem

For all of you using the wifi max, once u installed the ds settings or the wii settings, have you checked your connection in network folder? you may have to manualy assign an ip address like 192.168.0.1 and a subnet mask like 255.255.255.0 thats all you should need realy for your pc to recognise the device and then should say connected. And then what you need to do is go to your connection for the internet ur isp provider and click share internet box.

nintendo wi-fi usb connector

Hi, I also just purchased the wi-fi connector and I can't get it to work. I get all the way to the point of the connection test and then get error codes. I have gotten codes 51030,52040,52240. What am I doing wrong? I have Verizon DSL. I appreciate any help you cazn give. Thanks!

Auntiejudy said:
Hi, I also just purchased the wi-fi connector and I can't get it to work. I get all the way to the point of the connection test and then get error codes. I have gotten codes 51030,52040,52240. What am I doing wrong? I have Verizon DSL. I appreciate any help you cazn give. Thanks!
If you're using the nintendo one, once the program is installed it will detect your Wii and all you can to is grant permission for Wii to use it. Also try unplugging and replugging the usb that worked for me.

I've done that and I still get no connection. Do I need to put in my IP address or anything into the wii? This is so frustrating.

Ok well I gave up the other day because I was sick of messing with it. Now when I plug the Wifi Connector into my computer, the light doesnt even come on and the program does not recognize that it is plugged in. What a piece of crap this thing is...it worked for a total of like 4 days. What a waste of 40 dollars

So, should I just take it back to the store then and forget about connecting my Wii to the internet. I have a wired modem and the wii is not near my computer, so what is my other option?

ok people i posted this a while back but here goes again. the wifi connector will not work if laying on it's back or on a metal surface, please put it horisontally and not on its back or front, if you have to use the cord that came with it, do not lay it on a metal object including your computer case as it will cause interference, have the wii within 30ft of the connector. please try this then post back. also turn firewalls off.

I just found out why!
If you're using dial-up then you're screwed. The net or wii shopping doesnt work. Only the weather, mii parades and message do.

It's always a good idea to read up about a product online before you buy it. That way you can afford bad purchases.

OK, I took the Nintendo Wi-fi USB connector back, spoke to the salesman at Circuit City, he advised I buy the dlink router $59.99 with 20.00 rebate, final cost 39.99 which was the exact same cost of the USB connector and within fifteen minutes I had internet connection on the Wii. It was so easy, made me wonder why I got the USB connector in the 1st place. Probably because I thought it would be easier but it wasn't.

Back