Wi-Fi usb connector

Bones Brigade

Lets Go Get Cokes
Jan 5, 2007
Calgary, AB, Canada
when i try to get it to work,it opens the found new hardware thing, and it says: the system file cannot be specified. but it is connected. and in the installation wizard from the cd, it says, insert the USB connector int your computers usb port, but its already connected, so i click ok, and it says application error. what am i doing wrong?

well my Nintendo USB Connector worked for me perfectly.. i dunno why your's don't work.. hmm.. you have Window XP? and.. what is the error? are they numbers? 'cause if they are numbers.. you can go to nintendo.com and type the 5-6 digit number in and it'll tell you what the specific error is! :]

it doesnt give me a number, on the website, it says that a router could do something to make it not work. so i put my router ip adress in the bar, and i need a password to change it, but i dont know the password, is there another way? or do you know how to find the password

I hate the dongle, it was worthless for DS and Wii. I eventually got fed up and bought a router. Totally worth it.

yeh i have had myne since release and still works as well as the day i got it.

I have had my Wii for 2 weeks now and used the USB device.

When I first loaded it on it wouldn't work. I had to download new drivers form Nintendo's website for it. Then had to remove old ones from computer as well as the connection setup from the Wii.

After that it works perfect for me. My Wii is downstairs just below my computer upstairs.

You have to put the cd before and then when it says insert the connector you insert it. lol you didn't read the instruction didn't you?

theONE said:
I hate the dongle, it was worthless for DS and Wii. I eventually got fed up and bought a router. Totally worth it.
I concur. I did exactly the same thing, and the plus side is, I can connect my laptop aswell. Anyone want to buy a dongle?:D

similar problem with mine, after a check-up of my pc, i found my webcam was robbing too much system resources. i deinstalled the webcam and the wi-fi usb worked fine after that. weird huh?
now however i have an ethernet adaptor i bought and use that just for convenience.

Back