Wi-fi

motherbrainrulez said:
does anyone know if you could connect a ds to a wii so you can play against people far away without the shitty usb thingy?
There was talk of Nintendo using the Wii almost as a Wi-Fi hotspot. I'm thinking that the DS will connect up to the Wii, so I don't think it matters if you've got wireless or not.

As for the playing against people far away - I would thinks so. Wii uses the same system (friend codes), so I'm sure you can. 95% sure at least.

motherbrainrulez said:
what about the usb thing? is there any way to play like that without it from home?
Ripped from:www.wiidir.com
Internet connectivity

Nintendo has partnered with Opera Software to provide the Opera web browser for the system. It has announced that it will not be sold as a separate item. Wii can connect to an internet connection either wirelessly using WiFi, or using a USB to ethernet adaptor.
USB to ethernet? I presume that means that the Wii CAN be wired, if needed...

I thought all DS is wireless. You don't need the "USB thingy" as long you have a wireless router, which the wii will need to contact via anyway. so my suggestion, if you don't already have a wireless router, go get one before wii comes!

cwong5 said:
I thought all DS is wireless. You don't need the "USB thingy" as long you have a wireless router, which the wii will need to contact via anyway. so my suggestion, if you don't already have a wireless router, go get one before wii comes!
If I'm not mistaken, the problem is with the fact that some only have/want a wired router, and only have the USB thing to put the DS online. I for one don't want a wireless network (apparently too difficult to make it secure).

By the way, welcome to the forums.

Will The Wii Have A Reception Of Like A Mile Or Something?

That'd Be Nice... SO You Can Connect To A Hotspot!

Back