Wi Sports Tennis Problem

AussieWii

Banned
Dec 16, 2006
Whilst playing doubles tennis with my 6 yr old son, i seem to have found a Problem (edited) :lol:

When i serve the ball to him he slogs the ball back across court and even though i take a swing and im ready for his return i cant hit the ball because im too far away

once my mii serves he always runs for the centre line and then is too late to run back for the return of serve, it happens over and over again and it is really shitting me as im ready to hit the ball but my mii isnt

any ideas ?

:idea:

P.S. I will beat the crap out of anyone within 100 kilometres (60 miles) of Taylors Lakes, Victoria, Australia that says use the search function, understood ? :ihih: :crazy: :eek:

Last edited:
This happened to me as well, its not really so much of a glitch as a way to hit the ball, I counter it by serving slow (letting the ball almost hit the floor before i return it)

It's likely that your son is making good/strong returns from your serve.

A tip: to serve a fast ball, try to hit the ball when it is at its highest point when thrown up.

Riviet said:
It's likely that your son is making good/strong returns from your serve.

A tip: to serve a fast ball, try to hit the ball when it is at its highest point when thrown up.

yeh when i serve a power serve he isnt able to get the ball to the problem area
but i havnt found a way to get the timing right every time
sure hes getting good strong returns but he isnt meaning it

hes 6 :yikes:

its just the way that his style of hitting is returning the ball
didnt try a slow serve yet as i had a play of zelda today instead
i got to the bit where you become a wolf

early stuff i know :sick:

this is how it is. its not a glitch. it happens to my gf when i play her. and sometimes it happens to me too. its just no matter what 2 player or against cpu your character does that, but its so much harder 2 player than cpu so you just gotta pull something gnarly outt your ass.

Yea, I've played tennis from 3rd grade and am currently a club player on my college squad and I was highly unimpressed with the angles the players take. I have no problem with the game controlling where you go, but atleast give me a good angle. When he moves to the center of the court he has no angle on the wide ball as it'll go out. When he gets stuck in the middle with no angles all he'll do is most likely hit a poor shot and give the A.I. a perfect angle for a winner.

Oh well, it's still fun to play.

I realise that these games do not require technical ability especially in tennis and boxing - I too play at club level in tennis and find this game can be quite frustrating a lot of the time. I am also a good amateur boxer and this game is not geared up probably regarding techinque - I find that even throwing good combinations the game has a limit reaction for speed. Any secrets one should know when playing boxing? Cheers

lol this dont have anything to do with this topic but was it creul that i waited in line at the big shopping center in my city at the wii display happening and challenged one of the pl who worked their and absolutly destroyed him as i am pretty good at the tennis and i just felt like beating him infront of his mates and i told him i didnt have a wii and this was my first time

AussieWii said:
Whilst playing doubles tennis with my 6 yr old son, i seem to have found a Problem (edited) :lol:

When i serve the ball to him he slogs the ball back across court and even though i take a swing and im ready for his return i cant hit the ball because im too far away

once my mii serves he always runs for the centre line and then is too late to run back for the return of serve, it happens over and over again and it is really shitting me as im ready to hit the ball but my mii isnt

any ideas ?

:idea:

P.S. I will beat the crap out of anyone within 100 kilometres (60 miles) of Taylors Lakes, Victoria, Australia that says use the search function, understood ? :ihih: :crazy: :eek:

I hear that, bro. My cousin was doing that to me and I was ready to throw punches, i was so cut! He just managed to hit it the same way every time! And then when he would serve, the ball would go straight through me so no matter which way i swung, it'd miss the damn ball!!!!! :mad:

It sounds like your son is just using the same swing over again which is scoring this shot. It is easy to swing your arm across your body giving a cross court shot which is very hard to return as your Mii is out of position and not able to get there in time.

normally that shot is almost imposible to respond but (even if it suonds stupid) try to hit the ball with the front player...sometimes (almost never) it works for me.

Also practice the game lots - as your Mii score improves, you become a better player and can cover the court faster! ;)

Back