Wifi Dongle Max

Shinji

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2007
A.D.2050
Wii Online Code
2830-7183-6847-5811
I just got my Wii on Wednesday and today I bought a WifiMax tool for it. It's suppose to connect my wii to the internet but I'm having problems. If anyone doesn't know what it is its a USB that sets up a wireless point for my Wii. For some reason the USB has connected to someone else wireless connection :ee5k: instead of my broadband connection. Anyone have the same problems as me and think they can help me?

well i never trust wifi max u should have spent the extra money on nintendo offical one

I got the one that was most expensive. The Nintendo Wifi was $30 and the Dongle was $34. I thought expensive meant better...but guess I'm wrong. Anyways I still need help with it. I still need to learn how to work with what I have.

Thats not it....my Dongle has connected to someone else wireless internet instead of my broadband connection. Thats what I need to fix.

My step by step guide for windows computers

CUS means connection/update unsucessful

step 1) Open the box and take all the items out (ok this 1 was 2 steps)
step 2) Plug the wifi into the stand not drectly into the computer.
step 3) Plug the stand into the computer.
step 4) Move the stand onto a place at least 2 feet away from a phone and about 3 inches away from any metal wodden cabinets. (I put mine on top of my computers wireless connector)
Step 5) Turn on the computer and wait for it to load(this step can be done anywhere inbetween 0-5)
step 6) Install it. Also install a wep password
step 7) Go to your wii and test the connection it should find the wifi.
step 8) Click on use connetion. Then it will ask you to type in your wep password, do it
step 9) Click on update wii
step 9 if CUS) Make sure your channel of the wifi is either on 1 or 11. Then look at the connection level, here is a list of the levels:
computer with yellow light: Excellent
computer with green light: slow
Computer with red light: unfound.
Keep on switching the channels until you get it onto at least
you should also give your wii its own ip and change it to station. By then it should be excellent
step 10) You will update it about 3 times before you can play on your wii again. Updates take about 5 minutes each. Once this is done I would adivise you to save your wep password. What a wep password does is make it so no one else can use your wifi without your permission.
step 10 Cus) Go back to the noraml step 7 and this time everything should work perfectly

you should have a little icon on ur comp saying ZD in blue click it and then more settings then brige addaptor and change it

^That was sort of the problem. Now I just get "No Signal" I'm not exactly sure what the problem is now. Its connecting to my broadband but getting no signal.

Shinji said:
^That was sort of the problem. Now I just get "No Signal" I'm not exactly sure what the problem is now. Its connecting to my broadband but getting no signal.

Same happened to me...all i did was a connection test on my wii and the signal went to excellent and worked just fine. Try that

Shinji said:
I got the one that was most expensive. The Nintendo Wifi was $30 and the Dongle was $34. I thought expensive meant better...but guess I'm wrong. Anyways I still need help with it. I still need to learn how to work with what I have.

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard

just name your wifi network something, and connect to that network on your wii... shouldn't be that hard

how do you know it is connecting to your neighbors? you didn't set it as a bridge did you?

Back