WiFi Error 51330

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Hi Gents,

I'm seeing my AP just fine from the Wii, but after I enter my key I get an error during the connection test phase. Error 51330.

When I enter this error into the Nintendo error page it tells me nothing.

I've tried resetting my router and upgrading the firmware both of which have been unsuccessful.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions for resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Well I managed to get it working,

What i failed to do was reset the router after doing the firmware upgrade

I could not get Wifi to work I had to go out and buy a wireless router, workin great not

I am getting the same error. I don't know if it's my router. It seems to find the linksys but in system test I get the 51330 every time. Not sure what to do now...

Wilo said:
I am getting the same error. I don't know if it's my router. It seems to find the linksys but in system test I get the 51330 every time. Not sure what to do now...
i had the same problem (diffrent router though). what fixed mine was restoring the router to factory defaults. worked like a charm afterwords

Did you make sure your router has it's frequency to accept both b/g wireless signals? That was my issue =o

This error is definatly related to outdated firmware, considering the fact that as soon as I upgraded the firmware it worked like a charm.

For mine I just went into the control panel and changed it back to Mixed B/G, when I had it set to G only. It fixed it right up.

Wilo said:

i have linksys too. What i eventually had to do was do the set-up manually. But before you do that go to your manual and look up trouble shooting p.66, and see if you do all those tips (not including firmware update). If that fails and you get error 52130, look for my one of my old posts in how to solve this.

i had this error and got mine and a friends working this way

total manual setup
on the router - add and allow MAC address of Wii, reserve an IP for Wii, DMZ the Wii's IP (this is my only wireless device so i don't use encryption- heh encryption for my Wii packets !!)

on the Wii - find access point , select it , done
thats it, so easy!!! at least for me....

change the channel on your router to 11 or 1............i use 11 personally, that how i figured it out today.

It's not a firmware issue, and the problem varies between different setups. For my problem setting up the net, was as simple as resetting the router (after configuring the Wii and router for access of course). If the problem is firmware, it was most likely due to a configuration issue that the upgrade reset back to default.

Hey fellow Wiiers. I had that problem too with the not connecting and the error and the flavin! I had to set my router to channel 11, set the primary and secondary dns on the wii but leave the ip as automatic. Ya dig?

I_love_my_wizi said:
Hey fellow Wiiers. I had that problem too with the not connecting and the error and the flavin! I had to set my router to channel 11, set the primary and secondary dns on the wii but leave the ip as automatic. Ya dig?

Wizelcome to the Fizorums Professor Frink :thumbsup: Glad you got connected to the internizzy

love the name btw, I loled

-Bobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back