WiFi Error 51330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thizanks

Thanks for the wizelcome. Glad you like the name. I'm just representin' all the hard core wiizers up in here. BTW if you wanna add me to your wii friends my number is 3148 9314 2169 5815. Reply to the post with your code unless I just broke forum rizules. Peace!:cornut:

hello all new to this trying to set up an internet connection but keeps coming up with error code 51330 it picks up my router but wont connect i am on sky if thats any helpthanks for your time billiebunk newbie

Just an addition to this. I just had this problem and the issue was that the Wii was auto detecting the wrong security type. I had WPA2 selected on the router, the Wii was trying to use WPA. I forced it to choose WPA2, reinput the key and it worked fine.

This was the first page google found so I'm posting my solution, mine worked on ch6 so I do not think it has anything to do with that; 1 Versus 11 chat above. I think modern Wiis are G not B for sure, streaming media tells me that. I may have been half asleep (probably) but I got a 10 character WPA2 AES code to work when my normal 63 character one wouldn't work. So it could be the length of the code as someone else said here, I guess the hardware needs to process those codes and crunch the numbers so it could be limited based on hardware ability? unsure. Anyhow I attached a USB keyboard so I didn't have to type all the characters in with the Wiimote, but I believe that my Num Lock was on (seems to be as standard on Wii) and that knackered my letters to numbers, watch for that one! (esp at 3am). Either way I got the 51330 and this was may solution. Probably human error. as is 99.9% of the time! Ultimately I had a 24 char BSSID and a 50 char code on a 4.0E Menu system bought June09.

mine was fine for months playing cod then it woundnt find any routers, i had to set it up manually and set up a static ip address for the wii. works every time now. I thought my wifi was knackered in the wii for a while...

Hello

I am v new to the Wii thing having bought my son the Beatles rock band outfit for his birthday. When we connect the guitar and drums to the system it reports a fault 51330 saying cant connect to the internet.

Can you play the band game without using the internet as i thought that the dongles would work on wifi?

Having had 4 days of trying and asking my local game shop and getting nowhere i am close to either throwing it thru the window or returning it.

Its really upsetting to see me son upset having waited 5 days to play with his present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nicka

Wilo said:
I am getting the same error. I don't know if it's my router. It seems to find the linksys but in system test I get the 51330 every time. Not sure what to do now...
i had the same problem (diffrent router though). what fixed mine was restoring the router to factory defaults. worked like a charm afterwords
thanx man i only registered at this site jus to thank u...thnx alot it worked!!

Error Code 51330 or 52130: This means the security code you entered into the Wii is not the same one your router is set to. Look in your router's settings and try again. Please refer to step eight (8) above for more information.

The question was answered long ago friend; ain't no one still around to see the answer anyways. No need to revive old threads like this as such.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back