WiFi Help

micster

The Japanaholic
Nov 12, 2006
United Kingdom
Wii Online Code
3797-6238-2050-0894
First off im not sure if this is the right place so do move if necessary.

For my wireless network on my laptop i have one of these. Now my question is if this can be used with the Wii wifi as my wireless specification says

• Compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g devices

and the wii is 802.11b i believe.

I would try with my DS but i dont have a DS Wifi game to make a config file.

Wii is 802.11G, but B and G are backwards compatible. The problem is that the adapter you linked to won't broadcast you internet connection (which is what you need for the Wii), it will only connect to an existing WiFi network. What you need is either a "router" or "access point"

Well, i have 2 of these adapters.

1 on my main PC and one on my laptop. The internet on the PC transfers to my laptop.

It uses an ad-hoc connection

Damn it

Any idea on when there releasing the Wii Ethernet adapter? xD

Does anyone else have the wifi max adapter for the ds and has connected it to either wii or ds coz myn isnt working at all

registerednerd said:
Wii is 802.11G, but B and G are backwards compatible. The problem is that the adapter you linked to won't broadcast you internet connection (which is what you need for the Wii), it will only connect to an existing WiFi network. What you need is either a "router" or "access point"
As far as I heard, it is wireless B (I could be wrong, I just remember seeing somebody that had to switch is Grouter to B only before it worked on his)

Also, with those wireless dongles, it can transmitt (serve as host) but the computer has to be configured under ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) and the wireless dongle has to be what ICS transmitts over, I am trying to do that myself but it's harder than it's worth, just invest in a good router that works with the Wii, I perfer linksys routers, I have a wrt54g (I think that is the correct name), and I have no problems, but make sire you use wireless channel 1

Back