wifi? i'm confused

mad1234

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2006
Wii world
i have a wireless router & what i'd like to know is will the wii connect to this router or will i have to be in a hotspot to connect in order to download games? :confused:

Yes, the Wii will connect to your router, and if it has a password protecting it, it will just ask for the password so it can access it. If you dont know the password, I suggest you search how to, I dont know how to find it myself.

thanks akaymay
trying to get a simple explanation was like getting blood out of a stone

i'm using it now to look at this forum.
just got it from sky about 2 weeks ago with my sky broadband package

no that wasent my question. I'm asking for you to tell me how you figure out if you've got one or not. I want to check if I've got one on my computer.... I've got braodband does that help?

ok icetrash
if you have broadband then you must have a broadband modem. is there anything else between the modem & the pc?
if not then tell me the make & model of your modem & i will try to find out if it will work as a router

yes there are three cords that connect to the pc from my modem... what does this mean?

EDIT - Actyally only 2 cords connect to the PC, 1 cord connects to a powerplug

:yesnod: yes you can
if you have a password you will need to know what it is.
if not then your modem is not secure. i suggest that you get it secured. your modem instructions should tell you how to do this

Ok thank you alot! I thought i'd have to buy something else to make it connect. But thanks to you I know its all good :) You've just saved me many hours of sleep

Back