Wifi USB through a private network

xEnderx

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2007
So I just bought a wifi USB thing. From the messages on my computer I can tell that it is connecting to the wii no problem. The connection test, however, is never successful. I think it is because in order for me to get on the internet, I have to log in with a username and password. Naturally, this could be rectified if I could get to that log on screen on the wii, but I can't use the connection if the test doesn't complete. Any ideas on a solution, or should I just return the USB thing. Also, would I have the same problem if I were to try a wired connection? Thank you :)

Log into the net using your computer first, then the Wii should work (since the network will think it is the computer sending data as it will not know about the Wii)

I tried that. It's still giving me the same error. So maybe it's something else? I'm getting error 52141. I don't know what else the problem could be, though.

Make sure internet connection sharing is turned on (and functioning)

And to answer your seocnd question (that I missed before) yes you will have the same issue with the wired connection (the error you get is one of network connectivity not the physical connection)

Back