Wii 2 to get a taste of GTA V?

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Rumors about the arrival of Grand Theft Auto V is nothing new in the scene. What is new is this buzz that Rockstar will be bringing it over to Nintendo's new Wii 2 hardware.

French site Gamekyo reports that 01net is claiming that Rockstar has sent out a dev kit to Nintendo, presumably for the GTA V title. If this be true, then this just might be the biggest title to ever hit the Wii console, never mind that it's the Wii 2.

Other claims point to GTA V having a 2012 release, and that the Wii 2 will have it among its roster of launch titles. The goal, obviously, is for Nintendo to lure back the gamers to their side of the fence. An update followed shortly, saying that come this year's E3, official announcements will be made, with demos to boot!

gtav.jpg

Skeptical about the veracity of these claims? Who wouldn't be? Grand Theft Auto and Wii aren't exactly the first couple you'd think of when thinking launch titles. The thing though is that the rumor is from 01net.

If you do not have any idea how credible this 01net is, then just so you know, they were the ones who broke out very specific, spot-on details about Sony's NGP. And then of course that of the Wii 2 as well. So in terms of history, this source definitely has got his nose stuck in the right places within the industry.

Then again, a rumor is a rumor until proven factual. What would make these rumors facts would be the official announcements -- which we'll have to wait for, E3 2011 at the soonest.

Via Gamekyo and Go Nintendo

They'll probably make it so that you can only use paintballs, and when you shoot someone, they fall down but get up after a bit and continue on with their life unaffected. Remove all the swearing and violence and call it "May I please borrow your car?"

has that "too good to be true" quality it is interesting but we shouldn't pay much attention to wii 2 rumors just yet.

Wait, so the next nintendo console will be motion controlled like wii?
I thought they learned their lesson...

yeah, and now everything is all about motion. PS Move and Kinect have been pretty big lately. Since both of those companies are releasing their new stuff now, Nintendo probably wants to hold off until the dust settles, and then get everyone's mouths watering again. It's all in the timing. Motion by that time will be fully developed for the opposing systems, and Nintendo will know what to perfect.

I personally hope they make GTA V for Wii because there's times where I'd like to shoot around like in Call of Duty, but not have to worry about the intensity of Call of Duty.

Now that I read Nintendo is going after more hardcore gamers I could see it happening.

Now that I read Nintendo is going after more hardcore gamers I could see it happening.

then i'd buy a wii 2 or SWii or whatever its called, about time nintendo's going after more hardcore games

They really do need to start upping the intensity of games and steer more away from Barbie and Dora games. Yes the Wii is good for the younger generations, but it has so much potential to be an all-for-one system.

just wait for E3! Though its hard too! Hell to be quite honest I'm more excited about E3 which is in 1month than I am for map pack 2 for black ops which is also in 1month lol

Last edited:
AUGH! Why does everyone keep calling it Wii 2? when has a Nintendo console ever been a numerical sequel, this isn't playstation.

But yes, it's always good to see Nintendo stepping up to the "hardcore" games as you call them.

E3 Is like an early Xmas:wink:

YES it is and much much MORE!! xD
I can't wait to lay my eyes on "Project Cafe"
or the internet name of wii2/wiiHD

Dude I sooo sooo SOOOO want a paper mario for "Project Cafe"
I want it to be like paper mario1 and 2 not that shitty super paper mario!

But most of all I want Duke Nukem for "project cafe" Like how it was on the N64

FNALLY!!!!!!!! An actual varity of games on a nintendo home console since the 'cube. (3ds has good titles too, but i'll wait till the price drops on it)

Yeah, GTA isn't my cup 'o tea but at least Ninty is trying to go for more hardcore titles on their next system ppl ACTUALLY want instead of the horses#!t, crappya$$ed 3rd party kiddo and retard party games we've been given for the past six f***in' years!!!

Yes we got LOZ TW, SSBB, and the mario galaxy games (along with a few good 3rd party titles such as Monster force tri ans sonic colors among others)... But I really hate to say it, MOST of the games (about 90.4%) on the wii are total S#!T!! (Order Up, Ninjabread Man, and Block Party!? COME ON ALLREADY YA LAZYA$$ED BUTTHOLEZ!!!!!!)

Sad to say, I only own about 3 games for the wii because most of the titles suck and the ones I want to get will drop in price after a week or month later I paid preminum (which sux even more :mad5:)

I enjoy my Gamecube more than my Wii because I can find more fun and enjoyible (not too bloody though) games reasionably priced for it. Sadly the PS2 and Xbox with thier halo and online gameplay madness overweilmed the cube and it lost in the previous gen of console wars (I don't know why it failed, it had better titles than the wii and was ahead of the PS2 and close to the 'box in terms of graphical abilties).

Well anyways, lets hope ninty will regain with their new console inwhat they lost with the much overrated wii and underrated cube.\\

Can't wait for more news and what gonna come up at E3!!

Back