Wii 2

Yes, but why even bring the subject up? I think it's pretty obvious that their coming out with another console considering how successful the Wii has been. Common sense.

surely if it's an entirely new console they would wait a while until popularity with the wii died back a little and they finished getting the major games out.

perhaps it's just upgrades.

I think it would be pretty worthless on nintendo's part to release an upgraded version of the current console, considering the demand of the current one, and how many people they would piss off by turning around and releasing an upgraded one as some people JUST got the older one.

So wii 2? Probably. But hopefully not for a while

yea, the ps2 came out in like 01 and the ps3 came out in like 06 so it will be a few years if they come out with an ENTIRELY new system.
but a remodled system is a posibility, like the ds to the ds lite.

Moose said:
I think it would be pretty worthless on nintendo's part to release an upgraded version of the current console, considering the demand of the current one, and how many people they would piss off by turning around and releasing an upgraded one as some people JUST got the older one.

So wii 2? Probably. But hopefully not for a while
very true...

owlsgo said:
surely if it's an entirely new console they would wait a while until popularity with the wii died back a little and they finished getting the major games out.

perhaps it's just upgrades.

Exactly, there would be no point into going into competition with themselves.

I think they are talking about the DVD update. From some time next year, all Wii's sold will be able to play DVD's, and current Wii owners will get a discount if they want to exchange the current ones for the newer.

...Is this going to be the frickin' Lite thing all over again?

And if it was an entirely new console and Nintendo still wanted to be innovative, I would really doubt they'd just put a 2 at the end of their console name. At least, I hope, they've been taking on board everything that I have considered to be a complete wrong move, such as in the Brawl threads.

FRuMMaGe said:
Exactly, there would be no point into going into competition with themselves.

I think they are talking about the DVD update. From some time next year, all Wii's sold will be able to play DVD's, and current Wii owners will get a discount if they want to exchange the current ones for the newer.

I've heard that the earliest versions of Wii can read DVDs... how unfortunate for the people that bought theirs later on and as of today.. Another money vacuum created by Nintendo yayY :shocked:

phillepino said:
I've heard that the earliest versions of Wii can read DVDs... how unfortunate for the people that bought theirs later on and as of today.. Another money vacuum created by Nintendo yayY :shocked:

It can read them but it can't play them. Remember, the Wii games are on DVD's.

Apparently it will require more than an update to enable dvd playback, it would require extra hardware. Hence the new Wii's.

i see it as a gaming console, and thus that is what i use it for. dvd movies go in dvd players. soon they'll upgrade the wii to be able to make toast...

*rolls eyes*

Firstly, no.
The Wii is selling fine right now, and they are working on making enough to meet the demand. There would be no need for a new console, plus we would probably see a price cut before we see a new system. Thats just my guess though.

I don't even see an upgraded one coming out either, as many things like DVD's etc. don't seem to be a real necessity, at least not in Nintendo's eyes.

Not to mention the console name, if there was to be one, would not be named Wii 2.
There was no Gamecube2 (although many say the Wii is just another Gamecube, but whatever).

You get the idea, no Wii 2.

CantGetAWii said:
Firstly, no.
The Wii is selling fine right now, and they are working on making enough to meet the demand. There would be no need for a new console, plus we would probably see a price cut before we see a new system. Thats just my guess though.

I don't even see an upgraded one coming out either, as many things like DVD's etc. don't seem to be a real necessity, at least not in Nintendo's eyes.

Not to mention the console name, if there was to be one, would not be named Wii 2.
There was no Gamecube2 (although many say the Wii is just another Gamecube, but whatever).

You get the idea, no Wii 2.

your posts are always so definite. it's as if everyone asks questions and bumbles around nervously until almighty CantGetAWii comes online and relieves the anxious minions. it's a hell of a thread stopper. but oh so impressive :lol:

edit: typing errors abound.

Back