Wii 2

CantGetAWii said:
Firstly, no.
The Wii is selling fine right now, and they are working on making enough to meet the demand. There would be no need for a new console, plus we would probably see a price cut before we see a new system. Thats just my guess though.

I don't even see an upgraded one coming out either, as many things like DVD's etc. don't seem to be a real necessity, at least not in Nintendo's eyes.

Not to mention the console name, if there was to be one, would not be named Wii 2.
There was no Gamecube2 (although many say the Wii is just another Gamecube, but whatever).

You get the idea, no Wii 2.

DVD player Wii's have already been announced.

Also, all consoles are know by a temporary "codename" during development. The Wii was called the Revolution, the Gamecube was called the Dolphin. There is no reason why the new Wii could not be codenamed Wii2.

I know there isn't one though.

They are NOT working on a new console atm although probably in a couple years there will be a new console similar to the wii but NOT called wii 2 that basically has more storage, processor power, RAM, and a better video card. For now I'd say storage is the only thing the wii is really lacking on... Sure you can add sd cards but I'm not planning on having to go through 20 or so sd cards to find my games save files...

So yes I think they will come out with a new console probably very simliar to wii but with a different name although they are not doing it right now.

FRuMMaGe said:
DVD player Wii's have already been announced.

Also, all consoles are know by a temporary "codename" during development. The Wii was called the Revolution, the Gamecube was called the Dolphin. There is no reason why the new Wii could not be codenamed Wii2.

I know there isn't one though.

Yes ok.
But the Revolution was not Gamecube2 was it?
So why would they codename the Wii, Wii2.
I just am not seeing it.

I dont think my friend knows the consles name because CantGetAWii is right why wold they codename it wii2, he just heard a rumor of them coming out with a second wii.

Paulpro said:
They are NOT working on a new console atm although probably in a couple years there will be a new console similar to the wii but NOT called wii 2 that basically has more storage, processor power, RAM, and a better video card. For now I'd say storage is the only thing the wii is really lacking on... Sure you can add sd cards but I'm not planning on having to go through 20 or so sd cards to find my games save files...

So yes I think they will come out with a new console probably very simliar to wii but with a different name although they are not doing it right now.

By far you and everyone else is wrong...Nintendo have a tradition to work on their next system right after the latest is released. Right now Nintendo is working on the new next-gen wii and probably working on the new DS to come which im sure it will be very high-techy and all that stuff.

FRuMMaGe said:
Exactly, there would be no point into going into competition with themselves.

I think they are talking about the DVD update. From some time next year, all Wii's sold will be able to play DVD's, and current Wii owners will get a discount if they want to exchange the current ones for the newer.
discount would be nice. i'd pay more for a DVWii.

but how would they handle VC games and channels? o_0

HAVE WE ALL BEEN BLIND?
Sure...there may be a new Wii 2! and people can buy it...

but maybe for the old wii...(current), there would be just a USB harddrive to modifiy the system?

OR!
The Wii 2 can just be a USB Harddrive. ^_^

You guys totally forgot the USB functions.

Nintendo can't even produce enough units to meet demand. I am sure that once consumer demand is met or plateaus nintendo will come out with a tweaked wii just like they did with the ds to stimulate the market.

Yes, but No

Yes, there were rumors heating up when there was a "wii 2" SKU
But, in the end all it was just was a wii that included the already free wii remote jackets (available at nintendo's website).

In the matter of a second wii; NOT SOON, just look at these facts I have gathered:
  • The wii is still hard to find in stores
  • The wii is the top selling console
  • Nintendo does not plan any price cuts soon
  • Some devolopers are calling it the ONLY next gen console
Anyways, your friend was WRONG! If you are rude, feel free to rub it in their face! It was only a rumor...proved wrong by Adam of Wowzas.tk

Just for the fact...

All of the other post are Wrong
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

When you type "Where Should I ask a Stupid Question?" on Ask.Com does it come up with WiiChat

i personally think that nintendo is not going to release any futher version of wii than the original!!

when they were asked about wii DVD playback, they said that "while 60% of wii are connected to the internet, we can do many things"

......that means that they might make a dvd channel for playing dvds or a movie channel for buying and watching movies online through wii or something like that....mayby...... ;p

i think it's possible to be done through an update, since the wii games are already in dvd format....

Back