Wii 2007/2008

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
2007 Overview

2007 was ultimately a good year for the Wii. It took the lead in the console sales, grabbed developers attention, dished out some very nice games and was still hard to find around Christmas.

The games we were blessed with included, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition/ Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 and Mario Strikers Charged just to name a few. Along with those, there were the sleeper hits out there, like Zak & Wiki.

Overall 2007 was a good year to be a Wii owner, although getting news of delays and waiting for good games to arrive (which was about midway in 2007) the wait was worth it, as we got to play some really great games.

Will Wii the have the same type of success in 2008, or better? My Money is on better.

2008 Wii Preview

For one, we have been waiting for months for games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart to arrive in our little hands and be placed into our little white machines. Brawl hits stores February 10th and with a ton of modes, a great assortment of characters and online this is sure to be a hit and is one game which sees its release marked on many Wii owners calendars. Mario Kart will have to wait to be marked down, or simply moved to another month as this game is likely seeing a Spring or early Summer release.

Along with those two titles we know a lot about, there are still others many are forgetting. Just before Brawl's release, a great looking game with loads of potential is being released..No More Heroes. We can also expect to see Animal Crossing Wii by the end of 08, Wii Fit in the summer, and Disaster Day Of Crisis and possibly Sadness hitting our shelves sometime next year. Other games like Fragile: Farewell Ruins Of The Moon and House Of The Dead are sure to impress. We will also see more Mario most likely with the release of another edition of Mario baseball, and we may even see Wii Music.

Don't let the delays bring you down though, sure we have been looking forward to these games, but with this it allows for other games to be released at different intervals throughout the year. This way not all games are being played in one or two months, and there are less complaints from rabid Wii owners, plus the delayed games usually turn out to be a lot better with the added time.

2008 will be a year full of sequels, or one sequel at least.
Red Steel 2 is expected for release late in 2008, with graphical improvements and online. 2008 has its fair share of rumors around as well, with such rumored titles including Star Fox Wii, Donkey Kong and Wii Sports? More will become known in the coming months on those games.

Third Party Support

Early in the Wii's life, developers made rushed games that would sell good, but ended up looking and playing bad. This left many frustrated, but don't fret. In 2008 the third party support (the good stuff) should start popping up. Good games take time to make, we've been patient and the developers have had time to make some good games that can still sell well if done right. Expect to see better looking third party games by the middle of next year, and our jobs as gamers is to buy these titles to continue the strong support and see some sequels of the games.

Future improvements?

Besides having good games for the Wii, what most want is good channels. Or at least improved ones. For starters, the Everybody's Nintendo Channel may make its way into North America next year. In 2007 the photo channel saw an upgrade, so who's to say we won't see more. Updates in the Mii channel would be a welcome addition, allowing for more personal modifications of our creepy looking fingerless Mii's.

Supply and Demand

Will the Wii still be hard to find next year?
Not likely, as Nintendo plans to increase production to 3-4 million units, by April of next year. The supply should be enough by then, for new Wii buyers and ones that were left Wiiless a chance to buy one.

Get out and Play!

2008 will be a good year to be a Wii owner as we have a lot to look forward to. Next year will ultimately decided who is the top dog among the three companies (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo). Will the Wii still be on top by the end of 08, only time will tell. But you can do your best to make it happen :wink:

Awesome. I have a question though.
Did Kirby Wii get scratched? And too answer your question, I think that Microsoft and Nintendo will be very close in the lead in 2008. I'm not sure about Sony though... . . . :/

Fire Flower said:
Awesome. I have a question though.
Did Kirby Wii get scratched? And too answer your question I think that Microsoft and Nintendo will be very close in the lead in 2008. I'm not sure about Sony though... . . . :/

That's what Nintendo is saying. I'm not entirely sure if we should trust them though.

nice post,
I think we should keep our eyes on Sony. They are probably going to pull out the stunts.:lol:

Great post. Something tells me not to write out Sony... as much as I'd like to.

Nintendo has not definitely scratched a Kirby game for Wii, but their official response when prompted was

"There are no plans right now for a Kirby game on Wii but there are plenty of Kirby fans out there, so in the meantime look out for Kirby in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will be released in 2008."

Here's the source for that.

Nothing much to say except, looking forward to a great 2008. :thumbsup:

idunno my friend has a ps3 dont worry he also has a wii, but im pretty sure next december sonys going bomb the shelves since gt5 is comin out grand turismo 5'' and thats like the super smash bros for sony

Eh, I think it'll be close overall, such as comparing online play, playability, graphics and so forth. Only thing PS3 is truly lacking is the right price, X360 is getting there but it's not quite at the price where I think it should be ($299).

You Sir, should be a member of the News Team or something similar. I seem to be reading a lot of my Wii news directly from your threads. :lol:
Anyway, nicely done.

Back