Wii > 360? I used to think so.....

I bought the Wii, got it at launch, and love it.

I got in on the Microcenter deal on the 360, and applied for their credit card which made it $200 ($100 mail in rebate and $100 cash back for the card that's getting paid off), and love it. I bought it after I bought the Wii, the day after Thanksgiving.

Currently, Wii has better gameplay with the Wii remote, but the Xbox 360 controllers are AWESOME themselves for conventional controllers.

Xbox 360 has better graphics, and always will have -- 720p minimum in EVERY game. It also has great online play, downloadable multimedia content, and the works. Xbox Live is amazing. Xbox 360 also has better sound -- Dolby Digital minimum in EVERY game.

I looked at the Playstation 3. I played the Playstation 3 extensively. I must say that it SUCKS. The controls are decent, if you liked the PS2 controls. The graphics are good, (but not yet). Rennaisance is a good game.
But...
1. The interface is like a PSP
2. BluRay is FORCED on you. I frankly want HD-DVD to win. There is less content protection, and the format is cheaper to implement than BluRay. Noone needs more than 30GB for 1080p video.
3. The PS3 is full of bugs. The upconversion for HD might as well not exist. The menu often fails to respond to input, causing you to have to enter and exit. I've had this happen to me a LOT.

You really can't go wrong with Xbox 360 or Wii. Save up for both.

Get Trauma Center: Second Opinion. That game would SUCK on Xbox 360; it's a great example of what the Wii remote has to offer!

Currrently:

Online = Wii < 360
Games = Wii=<360
Graphics = Wii<<360
Unique Gameplay = Wii>>360

If I cared about the online or graphics a lot more, I'd go for the 360 hands down. But I'm all about gameplay, and the games for the Wii are matching up to the 360. the only reason the 360 wins sometimes is because, as was mentioned before, it got a year head-start. the Wiimote is turned the Wii's bleak existence into a landslide victory for me.

-SpideyKonfusion :p

get both, I have both and if u want some quick fun or wanna be playing a game for long with zelda turn on the wii, you feel like playing an online FPS game turn on Gears of War on 360.

I think having a 360 and a Wii is the best combo of game consoles u can have.

I have a PSWii60 :) I would recommend getting a 360 also but i would not choose it over the Wii. Both are different systems, like apples and oranges in a way. But remember, if you want awesome online multiplayer, PC > All

I've played all next gen consoles and my ratings are:

Wii=9.5/10
PS3=7/10
Xbox 360=7-7.5/10(i'm debating this one in my head)

So yeah the Xbox 360 and PS3 are good, but there no match for the wii. I think nintendo won this next gen console "battle"

I am a firm believer of the Wii60 combination. Those two gems look so beautifull together it's almost as if it was meant to be. Before I start sounding like an idiot, here are my reasons for my thinking of such treason:p

1. Ok I myself am not a graphics whore, but I like my games to look kinda well made. I think about Gears, and I look at Zelda and it just dosen't compare.Thats why it's a main component of the mix.

2. Ah gameplay, I love me some swishing and swashing on my Wii-mote 'nuff said.

3. Live play, ok Wii dosen't have one yet, but I yet have to believe that it will compare to the glorious CoD2 or Saints Row. Also Halo 2 and GoW.

You get the point, each ones weakness is the others strength which makes the combo excellent.

Masterchip Database said:
You get the point, each ones weakness is the others strength which makes the combo excellent.

That's what I'm saying!

I have the epic Wii60 going on in my house and I love it.

I play GoW online if I want to smack talk a bunch of friends and have some fun, but if I want to relax and just play a fun game with the unique Wii-mote I go upstairs and play Zelda or Wii Sports.

I say Wii60 FTW, or even the PCWii60 (Computer + Wii + 360)... I'm not hating on the PS3 but I just think its a rip off of the 360 but with a minor graphical upgrade and some different games.

But, hey... you never know.. in a year or so I might even be pulling of a PSWii60PC... haha.

dont get a 360 if you dont plan on having xbox live, but if you would get live, id definately get a 360 over a wii, it has a lot of good games coming to it in 07, and already has some really good games now. if you do get a 360, deinately buy gears of war, it has short single player, but great multiplayer if your friends have live too.

Last edited:
I agree sligtly,unless your not some loser that does'nt have any friends don't get xbox 360 but if your social (like me!) you can get more controlers and play some splitscreen:arf: :wink:

chidiesel said:
So I got my Wii 4 days after it came out, and fell in love with it.....thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Friends came over, family, everyone had a blast. But now, almost a month after it's release, I'm starting to get bored with it. Wii sports is basically a glorifed demo, and I've never been a big zelda fan.

So I go over my friends house, and he has a 360. He has gears of war, viva pinata, Rainbox Six: Vegas, Oblivion, and Saints Row. EVERY SINGLE GAME was freakin awesome, both in gameplay and graphics. I was completely awestruck especially by Gears of War, and Saints Row, which to me looked to be a better GTA.

Now I am having inner turmoil.....and thinking about selling my Wii to get a 360. XBOX Live is single handedly the best, most fun online service I have ever seen, and will probably never be beat. The high definition graphics, voice capabilites, build in hard drive......it's a tough choice. And for 2007, I saw trailers for like, 6-7 games that all looked worth buying. Dark sector, Mass effect, BioShock, Halo 3.....the list goes on and on.

Are there any good games or an online service coming out for the Wii in 2007? I'm starting to get discouraged :(
there will be online that is free and there will be better games. wait till about next August first before u sell it
SpideyKonfusion said:
Currrently:

Online = Wii < 360
Games = Wii=<360
Graphics = Wii<<360
Unique Gameplay = Wii>>360

If I cared about the online or graphics a lot more, I'd go for the 360 hands down. But I'm all about gameplay, and the games for the Wii are matching up to the 360. the only reason the 360 wins sometimes is because, as was mentioned before, it got a year head-start. the Wiimote is turned the Wii's bleak existence into a landslide victory for me.

-SpideyKonfusion :p
how do u know the wii online sucks, there isn't online yet and the wii online will be free

Last edited:
In terms of currently, the Wii online does suck because gaming online is non-existent. That should change, once the Wii can play online!

funny how no one seems to care about ps3.
what a flop.

Katieness2 said:
funny how no one seems to care about ps3.
what a flop.
funny how this isnt even about the ps3, nor in a ps3 section, and is someones view were discussing, just because they dont include it dosent mean no one cares about it

oh and i dont think the wii online service will go anywhere as far as the wiis, 360 you can rent movies and download shows, that seems pretty far away for the wii since it only carries 512mb

Back