Wii Accessories

The Man on Ice
Dec 30, 2007
Canada
Am I the only one who thinks that some or all Wii accessories in some way, are useless? The sports set blocks the signals and or creates poor reaction time to the sensor bar, the guns are awkward for use outside of shooting (Ie, actually playing a game) and the boxing gloves still have the Nunchuck chord sticking out of them (might as well be wireless if you're going to make a full set of gloves).

All of these accessories are actually are a gas to use and are designed fairly well but they all have some fair flaws in which ever area you're supposed to use them in.

Anyone here have an experienced opinion on their accessories? (For those looks for accessories and wanting to vent on all these companies). I'm wondering if I'm the only one who finds these flaws true (If not, how can I get the most out of my accessories?).

Hah, the sports packs are a joke. Didn't you see that video posted yesterday? Kid had a baseball bat attachment, and in all its glory...plummeted through the glass entertainment center. Weak. Cheap gimmicks, I say.

Well, I don't get carried away like that, maybe in boxing (but who doesn't?) but you make a good point about the materials it's made with.

Either way, I feel guilty having such feelings towards gifts my parents get me (such as my Wii accessories) and finding them completely impractical, I love to blame this one on consumer ignorance and the shyster who sold it to them :lol: still, I think they look pretty cool and if they worked* I'd use them.

I think that all the accessories are pretty much useless(beside the jackets for the remotes, visual stickers and the marksman gun). I think Nintendo should aty away from pointless attachments that really don't amplify the gaming experience (unless wireless boxing gloves are realeased).

Don't feel guilty. Especially don't feel they could have spent the money wiser. Keep them in good shape and when Wiis are VERY much available on store shelves your parents wouldn't mind if you ebayed them.... I'm thinking like approach this in May at the earliest.

Last edited:
Wii is meant for the family. Nintendo is going to make accessories that appeal to families, such as the Sports attachments.

what about the wii wheel that is supposed to come with mario kart wii. is that a piece of crap too? the sports attachments are terrible. and think about it, if they made a wireless nunchuck, that will just waste more batteries,unless they find a way to make it not use batteries.

hockeyrat said:
Wii is meant for the family. Nintendo is going to make accessories that appeal to families, such as the Sports attachments.
Yeah, but my quarrel is that they aren't very useful and have large flaws. I love the way they look and feel, but they should first and foremost work.

@WiiMadness, I have the driving wheel as well, it looks fine but I really haven't have much opportunity to use it because I don't have a game that needs it.

Back