Wii acting up

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
My Wii is approaching it's 1 year mark and is already showing signs of getting old. At times when I open up channels, it can take up to 3 minutes before it finishes loading. Also, whenever I do run a disc, it makes a loud sound that can be somewhat annoying. Also to mention, the channels sometimes do not respond or even load in the first place.

Is this something I should be worried about? "-.-

yes your wii is internally damaged some how send it in to ninty now before it breaks down.

Well, it wasn't designed to run like that, so I as a consumer would be concerned that what I was sold turns out to be a piece of crap. I would not be happy, have you tried reformatting the memory? I think you can do that under the memory management area, if I remember correctly...it's been a while since I looked. Good luck

RivalDestiny said:
My Wii is approaching it's 1 year mark and is already showing signs of getting old. At times when I open up channels, it can take up to 3 minutes before it finishes loading. Also, whenever I do run a disc, it makes a loud sound that can be somewhat annoying. Also to mention, the channels sometimes do not respond or even load in the first place.

Check for faulty/damaged game disks. that could be the cause of the disk problem. as for the channels, it may be a faulty connection to the interent. u should check that.

if you have checked these things, contact nintendo and tell them your problem. if your wii is damaged and is under a year old then they'll fix it or sent u a new one.

my wii is about a year old and it was making loud sounds when i ran a disc i found out that i cant leave a disc in it for long periods of time when the console is turned off i dont know why this happens but try it and see if the noise stops on your wii if a disc is in take it out and leave it for about 2 hours then try it.

Mine used to do the long loading times. After the latest update it is fine

I had that annoying sound when a disc was loaded...and I sent it in and they fixed it...you should do the same

lol. thats funny cuz mines doesnt do that and my wii is effed up. its been dropped many many many (many x30) times and it looks like crap. the gamecube control cover is broken and the eject button is messed up that the only way to take a game out is to press the eject button really hard but it still works fine.
p.s. i've had mines since launch too

LiquidD said:
lol. thats funny cuz mines doesnt do that and my wii is effed up. its been dropped many many many (many x30) times and it looks like crap. the gamecube control cover is broken and the eject button is messed up that the only way to take a game out is to press the eject button really hard but it still works fine.
p.s. i've had mines since launch too

Yikes! Your wii has taken a beating! I feel bad for your wii.

RivalDestiny said:

You'd better call ninty before the warranty expires or you'll need to pay the repair costs! Hurry, the clock is ticking!

Waky Wii said:
You'd better call ninty before the warranty expires or you'll need to pay the repair costs! Hurry, the clock is ticking!
Yep that's the right thing to do.

Also, Welcome to The Waluigi Fan Club! :lol:

waluigifs5.jpg

Sorry to hear that.
Hope all goes well.

I got mine this year so my warranty should be okay.

Back