Wii advantages over other system's?

got it for a suprise xmas gift...but i love it now..

these dont really suit title.

i just liked getting more involved in games...like eyetoy was great beacuse you were in it same as wii

I feel that the Wii targets 3 untouched groups of the gaming world. One group is our younger society. I had to buy my 6 year old brother an Xbox 360 for Christmas because I couldn't find a Wii for cheaper than $500 dollars. He has two games, Viva Pinata and Star Wars Legos. That's it. Everything else on the 360 is rated M. The Wii has tons of games designed for younger people.

Another group is our casual gaming society. The people that like games that are easier to hop right into. The Wii has many simple mini-games that offer tons of fun.

For all the rest of us more hardcore Nintendo fans we have all of our classics. Something all other consoles do not offer. We have Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and all other types of platformers that I'm not mentioning. Sony did have Resident Evil but now it's on every other console and Halo is pretty much done. Thankfully all the platformers are incredible. Know that Nintendo has never been just about getting more money. They have always provided the finest games of the finest quality.

Mingus said:
For all the rest of us more hardcore Nintendo fans we have all of our classics. Something all other consoles do not offer. We have Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, and all other types of platformers that I'm not mentioning. Sony did have Resident Evil but now it's on every other console and Halo is pretty much done. Thankfully all the platformers are incredible. Know that Nintendo has never been just about getting more money. They have always provided the finest games of the finest quality.

no offence but your really misusing the word "platformer" there. a platfomer i s genre where the main objective in a level is to get past obsticals like in mario games.

the reason i got the is mainly because of the first party products that where there. motion control is a bonus. also my favourite genre is the platformers. and nintendo systems always get the most of those.

thas said:
no offence but your really misusing the word "platformer" there. a platfomer i s genre where the main objective in a level is to get past obsticals like in mario games.

the reason i got the is mainly because of the first party products that where there. motion control is a bonus. also my favourite genre is the platformers. and nintendo systems always get the most of those.

Damn. Well I appreciate being informed of this. I have never really looked up the meanings of game genres. I assumed platformer was a game designed for a single platform (or console). Meaning that Mario was a platformer because it is soley for the Wii Platform. Well then now that platformer is no longer what I thought it to be what infact do we call games like Mario, Zelda, Halo, Resident Evil?

Mario, Zelda and Halo are whats called 1st party games. Resident Evil is basically on all consoles except for RE:UC so its basically 3rd party.

T3kNi9e said:
Mario, Zelda and Halo are whats called 1st party games. Resident Evil is basically on all consoles except for RE:UC so its basically 3rd party.

If I remember correctly, Resident Evil use to be a First Party game to Sony. They never had Resident Evil on any other console until just recently.

Mingus said:
If I remember correctly, Resident Evil use to be a First Party game to Sony. They never had Resident Evil on any other console until just recently.

Naw, it was actually 2nd party. It was developed by an outside company (Capcom) for Sony. They were contracted by sony which made it exclusive for the PSone. So that made it a 2nd party game. Some companies are 2nd party, but at the same time aren't... For example Retro Studios was an outside company made as a game developer for Nintendo. But now the whole company is owned by Nintendo which makes it 1st party.

Capcom isnt owned by anyone but itself. But they do contracts with companies for exclusive games. When PS2, Gamecube and Xbox came out, Capcom started a new contract with Gamecube. But something happened and they really didn't follow the contract and found a loophole and made games for PS2 because it wasn't part of the main story. Like RE0 RE Code Veronica, RE Outbreak 1/2. I dont know what happened with RE4 though.

1) The Wii is much cheaper than other systems.
2) Comes with a free game.(Wii Sports)
3) The new sensor remote idea blew my mind!
4) Mario ruled the world before anyone else.
5) Extremely fun to play.
6) I trust Nintendo! :)

Haha, this is easy, heres some reasons I got mine.

-Innovative, Nintendo has brought something totally new to gaming
-Potential, Nintendo can go really far with this software
-Fun, the wii is a great way to play video games
-Cheap, the wii is really worth your money
-Variety, the wii has a great selection of games
-Legacy, Nintendo has lots of characters and games that are famous to people and are coming back in the wii
-Fandom, I'm a Nintendo fan, I'll always buy their stuff :smilewinkgrin:
-Features, the wii has alot of great functions and features that no other system has

The Wii is the best, stick with it and you won't be dissapointed :cool:

I got it to satisfy my needs for Nintendo first party titles

I will be either purchasing a 360 or PS3 but I can't decide both have excellent titles

FF13, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Haze, COD4. Bioshock, Orange box, Gears of war, Resi evil 5,

Hmmm what one should I get i'm tearing my hair out here lol

I got it because I thought that the remote would be revolutionary. Unfortunately, in the vast majority of games, the motion sensing capabilities are gimmicky at best.

I guess it was cheap, though. Still, sometimes I wish I would have gotten a 360. Good thing I really don't play video games much anymore, otherwise I'd be disappointed.

Back