Wii All Chat

Wii,Wii,Wii

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
motherbrainrulez said:
I would think in ssbb you would use the controller sideways
that's what i have thought about all the time too.. why not ?? why make a wii game who cannot be played with the orginal controller. if u think about it 4 a minutte u will agree me

Wii Stuff

Features

Backward compatibility

Nintendo has stated that Wii will be backward compatible with all GameCube software and most peripherals. This backwards compatibility is achieved through a set of ports on top of the console concealed by a panel. There are four GCN controller ports and two GCN memory card slots as there were on the GameCube itself, so the GameCube microphone should be compatible, as well as the GameCube-Game Boy Advance cable.[1] There is no indication that the Wii has the high speed port of the original Gamecube, which means that unless otherwise indicated, the Gameboy Player (which required this port) will not be compatible with the Wii.
Online connectivity

Main article: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Wii will be able to connect to the Internet using either its built-in Wi-Fi or a USB-to-Ethernet adaptor. This will enable players to access the established Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service, which will have several unique features, such as the Virtual Console and WiiConnect24.
Virtual Console

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VirtualConsole_E3Preview.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:VirtualConsole_E3Preview.jpg
A variety of classic games are scheduled to be available (design subject to change)
Main article: Virtual Console (Wii)
The Virtual Console service will allow users to download and play games originally designed for not only the NES, Super NES, and Nintendo 64, but also Mega Drive/Genesis and TurboGrafx-16 systems. Only a "best of" selection for these systems will be available, not every released title. Nintendo has stated that this service "...will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets."[1]
While no pricing info has been announced for the Virtual Console feature, at the June 2006 Nintendo briefing, Satoru Iwata suggested that new, low-scale games could be sold via the Virtual Console at a price of between JP¥500 and JP¥1000(~USD$4–$9 or ~€3,5–€7).[20][21] In a presentation in Spain, it was mentioned that Nintendo of Spain was considering a pre-paid card option for its Virtual Console purchases.[22]
WiiConnect24

Main article: WiiConnect24
At E3 2006, Nintendo announced WiiConnect24, a feature of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection that will allow the user to remain connected to the Internet in standby mode. Some possibilities of WiiConnect24 that were mentioned at E3 2006 included allowing friends visit the player's village in games like Animal Crossing, and downloading new updates for games while not playing or while in standby mode.
It has also been said that it would be possible to download DS promotional demos using WiiConnect24 and later transfer it to one's Nintendo DS (see also DS connectivity).[23]
Web browser

In addition to being incorporated into the Nintendo DS, Nintendo has announced that the Opera web browser will be included with Wii.[24][25] The web browser will be saved in Wii's Flash ROM (allowing access within seconds), and will support JavaScript. In addition to functioning as a web browser, Opera on Wii will serve as a layout engine to be used for web-based applications.

Attachments

• VirtualConsole_E3Preview.jpg
    VirtualConsole_E3Preview.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 214
nintendowiigaming.piczo said:
that's what i have thought about all the time too.. why not ?? why make a wii game who cannot be played with the orginal controller. if u think about it 4 a minutte u will agree me

But then you wouldn't have a C-stick, a second stick for movement, the extra 3 or 4 face buttons the GC controller has, and the triggers.

I really don't know why this is a discussion since Nintendo already said and I quote "We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

The Wiimote/Nunchuk will be great for a lot of games, but not for SSBB.

yeah my DVD player is from like 1998 or maybe a bit older. I need a new one. Though I didnt use the PS2 DVD function but I think thats just because the DVD remotes for the PS2 suuucked! I think just a cable box, Wii, and my stereo will be all I need connected to my TV if it does have DVD.

Crap I wish I had a remote like in "Click" with Adam Sandler where he can just fast forward time so that we can have the Wii SOONER!

We need mor Wii

After all thess week's day's Hour's Min's Sec's and we still havent seen any good sceenshot's how do they expet us to buy one if we don't know wate the games are going
to look like.

Attachments

• madorigami.jpg
    madorigami.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 144
jjenn54 said:
After all thess week's day's Hour's Min's Sec's and we still havent seen any good sceenshot's how do they expet us to buy one if we don't know wate the games are going
to look like.
I don't know, but that origami thing, whatever it is, is AWESOME!!:D

Funny Stuff

Ha Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha HaHa Ha Ha

Attachments

• helpimonfire.jpg
    helpimonfire.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 138
  • mafia.jpg
    mafia.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
LOL nice pictures. Is that oragami just random or is it bowser?
(Y do u keep posting total random pics, u said urself, this thread's only for wii FAQ's. Make up ur mind wut u want...)

I don't give up

ssbb_lover said:
LOL nice pictures. Is that oragami just random or is it bowser?
(Y do u keep posting total random pics, u said urself, this thread's only for wii FAQ's. Make up ur mind wut u want...)

You sed your self don't give up so I'm not going to I ment wii FAQ's for my viewer's
not for me. I'm just making it more fun yesterday 31 users had voted now 41 and conting

Now thats a big repost lol... try and look if it already been posted before posting. And PLEASE ADD SOURCES when taking someone else work.
Also, wtf with the nowhere pictures?! if you really need post count, go post useful stuff on other thread...
Also, try and watch for typos or errors. If you don't know how to write it, please use a dictionnary ! When you have to figure out what you say, theres a problem ..
P.S.:Im not trying to flame or anything, its just those are basics when you post in forums and when I see such nubzor...it make me sad.

Last edited:
Wii Rumours

Wiimote is a VOIP Phone?

A rumor is circulating that the wiimote can be used as a VOIP phone. It's already known the wiimote will have its own speaker, if it has a microphone too the rumor could have some substance to it. The "WiiConnect 24" method of connecting to the Internet means that the Wii is always active to some extent, even when powered off. This means that calls could possibly be received anytime. Also the shape of the wiimote might lend itself well to phone use.
UPDATE: Confirmed false.
rumor_voip.jpg
Wiimote can't aim under Halogen lighting?

Word is out that the wiimote can't aim properly at certain angles when halogen lighting is used in the room. As halogen lights get more common in our homes it could put a dent in the Wii's popularity. If this rumor is true hopefully Nintendo can solve it before launch. The alternative of course is to play without the lights on. Night tennis anyone?
Wiimote uses AA Batteries?

According to a spokesperson from Nintendo the wiimote will operate on two standard AA batteries of alkaline or lithium ion type. Unfortunately this would mean that recharging isn't a standard feature of the Wii controller. On top of this, the wiimote will apparently have a shorter battery life than a Wavebird controller because of the additional information it sends out. Bad news for wii fans everywhere.
rumor_batteries.jpg
Wii has a camera, PPU and headset?

A leaked issue of a gaming magazine supposedly has an article on Wii which reveals secrets not yet publicised by Nintendo. The article suggests the Wii will have a built-in camera. One use for this would be to include your picture on a character model's head in games like Wii Sports. Furthermore the Wii is more powerful than originally thought, with the graphics chip from ATI supporting HDR and bump mapping. It also says the Wii will sport a hardware physics processor (PPU) with its own 32MB of RAM. Other details are that the Wii will have a headset available to it similar to those used for XBox Live. Lastly Nintendo will release SD memory cards with storage ranging from 2Gb to 7Gb.
rumor_camera.jpg
Wii has instant messaging?

A patent filed by Nintendo has aroused rumors that the Wii console could have some form of instant messenger as part of its online function. The patent describes a buddy list which displays the status of each player on it, for example what game they're currently playing.
rumor_messenger.jpg

Square Enix MMORPG on Wii

A rumor is circulating that gaming giants Square Enix, the company behind the Final Fantasy series are making an MMORPG for the Wii. The game is said to be based on their "Mana" franchise, known as Seiken Densetsu inside Japan. Watch this space.

Wow! Now thats a nice post Jjenn..You should have made it on a new thread too :X. Im so friggin excited to hear that Square Enix might make a MMORPG on the Wii! That would be so awesome! As for the batteries, this sucks :( I hoped for the Wiimote to be rechargable, like, with a platform or something.
PS. Can you give the source of this article please?
PPS. BaH I found the source, here it is : http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-rumors.html

Last edited:
Back